Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2004 10:27pm

Style: Korean Capoiera

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"We don't claim to be the biggest organization, nor the best martial art in the world, or even the best in California. We claim only to be. And some of what we are we take from the image of a green willow tree growing wild and free."

BTW, the rest of the site is PURE GOLD....I mean, it just gets better and better...

SK

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    9/01/2004 10:32pm

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
    From Mr. Cody Scott of some random kyokushin school in the Pawnee Nation in Oklahoma- though he's trying to start a class up here at OSU, over my dead body-, this was said after he'd had his ass handed to him on account of all the **** he talked and dissrespect he showed.

"Wow, you guys sure train some good fighters up here. I like this; I only ever get to spar with my students."

Seen better on the net, just thought I'd share a recent one from real life. I've got more, just this one stands out.

Nice thread idea Phrost, me likey ^___^
    So how is that "kyokushin" guy now?
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    9/01/2004 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A former instructor on a visit to his school: "The way I look at it, my students only work to pay me". Note: This was said to me after he accused me of disrespecting him.

Another instrutor from the same chain of schools "One of way of looking at it, say a style like 'Tai Chi', looks at the sky nad studies just one constilation. While in kempo we look at the whole sky".

Same guy again, this one was completely out of the blue one night: "Don't use urinals because somebody can sneak up behind you. Use a stall, and I know it sounds bad, but sit down to pee that way if somebody tries to break in you can hold the door shut with you legs." Now, I wonder who he was pissing off so bad that they'd go after them while they are taking a dump.
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/01/2004 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MAP's tender mercies:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Example, if you're being bear hugged from behind and another guy is coming in from in front and going for the clean up punch, if you move your head at the right time he nails the guy behind you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

American kenpo, on the other hand, only uses very realistic movements in its art. What makes the art spectacular is its speed. Almost all American Kenpo black belts can spit out 11 hit combos in less than 2 seconds. If you want to talk spetacular, I don't think that there's anything more spetacular than someone who can hit a guy at a speed illustrated in Japanese animes. Check out The Perfect Weapon starring American kenpo expert Jeff Speakman as prove.

Your brother in the martial arts,
    Darting Viper

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2004 11:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I beat Jean Claude Van Damme in a kickboxing match".
    -Heared at various "Kickboxing" Gyms in the late 1990's

"Our style is better than yours, because we've got more forms and weapons"
    -A Mcdojo owner in my hometown talking to other martial artists

"That's not martial arts, you're killing each other!"
    -The McDojo owner's son after seeing a full-contact tournament
    Last edited by X_plosion; 9/01/2004 11:49pm at .

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    9/02/2004 12:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After repeatedly explaing to a work coleague what I do "So hows the karate going?"
    "Pussyhole"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2004 1:37am

Style: Mung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "after 6 months of bjj the only people you have to worry about on the street are other bjj people, because its a rare style and only 1 in 10,000 practice it"

"you dont need to block you wear a punch or two then take them down"
    me "how often do you train the transition from stand-up to ground"
    "oh we dont have any set schedule but we may do it know and then , i think we are having a class on it next month"

instructor at the dominance bjj in melbourne on swan street

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/02/2004 1:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you saying you actually went to a bjj school?

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/02/2004 1:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martialtalk.com:

assorted:

quote:

I'm amazed at how much the western style boxing has in common with most styles, particularly karate. But I would never keep my hands by my face. The position is too weak for me, and I find it very hard to see the other's feet.

quote:

Kata and the basics are really all that they or anyone really needs. When it all comes down to it the rest is gravy.
    I teach my son . He hasnt sparred anyone of any rank just ran through the basics with me over and over fighting drills ect.

quote:

As a master of a martial art I have come to a point where I want to take on students. The question I want to ask is: Is it better for a student to have some martial arts background or none at all? I have two students at the present time, one of them is a blue belt in Tae Kwan Do (feel free to slap me if that is misspelled) and the other is a fourth cu (cue?) from Aikido. Both of them are doing quite well but I was wondering if the situation changes for someone who has never done martial arts before. Another question was how do you deal with the other martial arts teachings getting in the way of your own? I was hoping to get some speculation or some experienced answers on these topic so this seemed like the place to find it. Thanks peeps.

quote:

The popularity of martial arts in the hacker culture deserves special mention. Many observers have noted it, and the connection has grown noticeably stronger over time. In the 1970s, many hackers admired martial arts disciplines from a distance, sensing a compatible ideal in their exaltation of skill through rigorous self-discipline and concentration. As martial arts became increasingly mainstreamed in the U.S. and other western countries, hackers moved from admiring to doing in large numbers. In 1997, for example, your humble editor recalls sitting down with five strangers at the first Perl conference and discovering that four of us were in active training in some sort of martial art - and, what is more interesting, nobody at the table found this particularly odd.

Today (2000), martial arts seems to have become established as the hacker exercise form of choice, and the martial-arts culture combining skill-centered elitism with a willingness to let anybody join seems a stronger parallel to hacker behavior than ever.

quote:

In kenpo, our crest has both the tiger and the dragon. The tiger is lower on the crest, representing corporeal or physical strength, which is acquired through learning and training. The dragon is higher, with the tiger looking up at it. The dragon represents the spiritual strength or ki you mention. That is why my instructor is a dragon. He, too, has that 'presence' Tigerwoman alludes to in her post. While he is fairly tall, he isn't a big man physically, but it takes no more than one time attempting to do a technique on him to realize that 'the power' is there.

quote:

Scissor Sweep
    Obviously, we start off in guard; with you’re opponent kneeling

Tigerwoman replies, in an innocent way:
    You are facing the opponent and he is kneeling facing you?
    Or is guard the term for you both facing and kneeling?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/02/2004 1:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The man, the myth, the fucking retard, PPKO:

quote:

The problem is the competitive part, what you train is sport and we are talking street. Can you train aliveness yes, but you work up to (no I am not talking sparring) the biggest part of Martial Arts training is training the mind not the body. Should teachers act as therapists, yes in a way we should, I don't know about anyone else here but if a student has a problem than I feel obligated to do whatever is in my power to help them. HH I want to here other opinions than yours stop arguing with the women and men on this thread and let us have some more good discussions

Kata also shows what you are attacking and how you are attacking it, it is very usefull and a very good way to learn how to fight without having to fight. But to answer your question I believe that you should teach openly but still hold back some stuff for your higher ranking students and even more for just yourself at least until you pass on your school to someone else.

Hedgehogey,
    You really haven't stayed in one art long enough to make a decision about kata, even if you practice just self defense techniques do you not do the same thing over and over to learn the techniques, that is a kata no matter how you want to look at it you do a kata everyday you train. Sure it may not be the same kata that shotokan does or another art but it is a kata. And a punch doesn't have to be a punch it can be anything.

Another nice thing that Mr. Dillman has taught us is that as long as you find a sensible application to the kata than you are not wrong

And how will that prove that Dillman is a fraud I know GM Dillman and have trained with him on several ocassions and I currently train with one of his top three I know that he is not a fraud and there is no proof that you can show that will prove otherwise

Kiai should be taught in every art it is very important to know it can help with healing and fighting. Their are different sounds for different attacks it also depends on your tone as to how you affect your opponent. It is important to project your sound to the part of the body that you are attacking, as this will make the sound more effective. Most of the time (for the more advanced students of Kiai Jitsu) you don't actually have to make the sound to affect the body but know the sound and the correct way to project it. We will be having a Kiai Jitsu seminar in August if you would like to come to learn more than pm me.

I have nothing to do with this conversation but that is what hedge does he just wants proof that everybody that makes claims can be proven. With that said the only way to get hedge off of your back is to provide him with some proof that will satisfy him

Before I do are you pro Dillman or not, I just don't want this thread to end up like the last two you showed up above.

My first instructor and I were very close at one time, so close I considered him like a father to me. Than his wife left him and came back and he has not been the same since. He has gave up the Martial Arts (which he lived for before), and he has been drinking, he is just not the same man that he used to be, he is the man he was before he started training in the Martial Arts.
    It is not so simple as to ask him to give a seminar or a private lesson he acts like he wants nothing to do with me now when I stop to talk to him he just watchs tv. He did not even show up to my wedding and that really hurt me

The event will be the 20th and 21st of August the first day will be healing the second day will be killing.

And his challenger for the prestigous "total fag" belt, michigantkd:

quote:

What we were taught was this: Big guys have that extra layer of protection in their midsection, but their head is the same as yours. So unless you have incredible powerful middle kicks, a high kick will work better. Roundhouse and front kicks will not work because they are not strong enough. Side kicks work better because they have more power.

I am absolutely serious. You see, so called "reality self defense" stylists are convinced this power doesn't exist, becaus they can't grapple it or put it into a headlock. It's nothing mystical. It is inner power that comes from serious traditional training. Grapplers and sport stylists don't have it. Granted, many them are in good physical shape, but that's it.
    I assume you don't practice traditional martial arts, and that's your choice. But rest assured, traditional practice develops power that so called "reality fightesr" and sports fighters can only dream of.
    As far as getting on the mat, that proves nothing. All it shows is who was the better fighter that particular day. Anyway, you guys are bound by rules. Traditionalists practice with the idea that they will do whtever it takes to beat an opponent. Not to win a match, but to defend your life.
    Finally, traditional students also work on being honorable members of society with honorable minds. Reality fighters do not concern themselves with this. It is only about winning.

No, the ones who stay and train seriously are, as another poster put it, like tigers. They tend to be solitary, but not antisocial. Just not into group activities. Tigers have this tremendous inner power that other animals fear and respect.
    Serious martial artists, such as traditional Tae Kwon Do or karate students are the same way. They have this tremendous inner power (ki energy) that causes a great deal of fear and respect in non martial arts. It's not intimidation. Non students are not afraid of us, but they know almost instinctively that there in an energy in us that must be respected. I don't know very many people that have this, even fellow TKD students. These people are the type that when they walk into a room, everyone knows they are there. They are not attention hogs. Quite the opposite. They are actually rather reclusive, like tigers.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast