Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 1:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Driving a downward elbow into their chest works well too.

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 3:30pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you keep from getting rolled over? Try doing it on someone with a 30 or 40 pound weight advantage. With the butt off the ground the way Tony C describes it, you'll get rolled over real easy.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 7:18pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^Teehee You're doing it wrong ;) Hate to use this cliche but you really do have to feel it.

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 10:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I were to ever meet you in person (and I guarantee you I won't) I'd demand you taught me it.

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 11:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone grab him in kesa gatame, I want to see what he does! ;)

Chemist

Posted On:
    9/04/2004 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WS, next time we meet up, I'll let you put me in kesa and see if you can use your weight to get the air out of me. (I have a major weight advantage on WS) Now I have tapped people due to wind blockage on reverse kesa, I think that's what it's called. It's the kesa where you have your back against them.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    9/04/2004 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are lots of options from kesa.
    Obviously the bent armlock under the leg shown above and the straight version if he extends it.
    Plus just grabbing your free hand under his neck and cupping your own elbow, now turn his head up, fold him, and he will smother.
    The sidechoke is probably highest percentage.
    I go for the "time hold" he will pull his elbow in tight, I palm it and drive it across my neck and I got a sidechoke(armtriangle).
    Also if he reaches his arms around your torso you can shoulderlock him by trapping hios wrist under your armpit, and getting a heelhook grip on his elbopw and lifting it as you sink his shoulder down.
    It tears the rotator.
    Also theres the aforementioned Bellylock that Bas Rutten advocates as a defense when he slips hios arm free and is close to escaping kesa.
    Great submission, but be careful for the crucifix counters.

If he gers his hand between your legs and you cant armlock it cause he turns his thumb around, you can step over his head for a triangle hold which usually is best finished with a paintbrush or reverse armbar.
    ALSO some guys will reach a foot over your leg trying to get your back.There's a couple nastly things you can do to their foot and sometimes get the tap.
    As mentioned above, kesa is great.Unless you are giving up weight.Then I eoither don't do it at all, or hold off until he's tired.Even then if I get a good grip like as J-Lau said "inside my thigh" I gotta be ready to base across his body with my far side hand.It is tricky, but doable if you aren't on the guys side, but more on his very corner and folding him up.
    I try to keep his head up off the mat and keep his belly compressed near the topmost abs.It weakens guys pretty fast.
    The real danger vs guys my size or smaller is AS I go to kesa if they react quickly enough before I can sink it bad things can happen.Most obviously I can give my back.

Posted On:
    9/05/2004 11:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To me, the most important aspect of being able to successfully use kesa is WHERE you get it from. If you're doing it from the knee slide guard pass with the opposite knee, that means you DON'T have the underhook and that means you're gonna get your back taken real easily when you go for kesa. If you're in side control and someone gets the underhook on you and starts going towards your back and you try to stop them with kesa, your back will STILL probably get taken. However, off things like many judo throws where your hand position is perfect for kesa, its good to take it.

Posted On:
    9/05/2004 12:55pm

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strong Machine should write an entire tutorial on this site about Kesa, he taps me with it all the time. He has about 6 different moves he does from it, and he just makes you miserable and feel helpless.

Chemist

Posted On:
    9/05/2004 1:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like that a lot -- perhaps a revival of the move of the week? Strong Machine?
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345