Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2004 11:37am

Style: Judo/wrestling/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    get a two on one, or a t-bar or chicken underhook (from behind) on arm and crank the chin the other way as you pull em backwards..

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    8/29/2004 1:24pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had good results with a regular school yard side headlock in getting frat fags out of my dorm room (and away from my computer and tv). Granted there is a 101 ways to get out of side head lock though against someone who is inebriated it is a very no fuss way to restrain them and move them. It can be a pretty painful neck crank and an ok choke hold in its own right.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    8/29/2004 6:46pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A headlock can be a one-way ticket to getting dumped on your head against a technician but I can attest that it works against the civilized man pretty effectively. Its easy to do.

Though I have to agree with you that crushing someone's balls in a t-bar is going to get someone to move.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    8/30/2004 8:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Choke
    A headlock can be a one-way ticket to getting dumped on your head against a technician but I can attest that it works against the civilized man pretty effectively. Its easy to do.
    I hope you're not insinuating that we are UNcivilised. :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2004 9:39am

Style: Judo+BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by I Choke You
    I'd put him in a hammerlock and put my other arm around his neck from behind, once I'd secured the hammerlock, then put my headlocking hand on my face so he couldn't headbutt me, and I could choke him...it's like a one handed rear naked. The problem is, he does have a hand/arm free, but I can break his arm and/or choke him out...so even if he hits me in the nuts or something, he'll still go out.

I think that's the best way to restrain someone while standing...you can immediately inflict pain and choke the guy out. However, if you don't know what you're actually doing when it comes to grappling, learn first...don't expect that you'll be able to apply anything if you don't train for it.
    That works well. A mean twist to this one that elicits instant screaming pain and choking is that you grab the guy's neck from behind with your right arm and stick your left arm in deep under his armpit. Then you reef on it and join your hands. :-) Be real careful with this one though. I used it once on a guy who swung a bottle at me and dislocated his shoulder while also almost choking him completely out. Didn't help that I also shook him like a British nanny either. :-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123