Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2004 1:40pm

Style: aikido / judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by shinobi22
    Kod he's proven the science stuff and he's a regular guest speaker brought in to the national Strength and Conditioning Coaches Convention, so I'll give him that.
    If you're talking about the NSCA, the only evidence I could find online of that is on sonnon's site, where it says that one guy at wake forest _asked_ him to present material at the NSCA convention. Doesn't say he actually did, and certainly doesnt say he does "regularly". He didn't speak at this years convention. He hasn't published any articles in the NSCA journals.

As for him having "proven the science stuff", where did you get this from?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 1:43am

Style: Shen Ku master

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's another fad gurggling to the surface of the tarpits of time... Clubells, like kettlebells, have a cult following as the greatest thing to ever come back to weight training, but they're really just a supplement to strength training which is a supplement to MMA or MA training. IMO, a plate loaded barbell is a lot cheaper, more versitle and more useful for specific strength training than the latest weight lifting fad. They are usefull if you already have a solid strength routine, and want to add more to it; but on top of MMA or MA work, your already solid strength routine, and cardio (and maybe GPP), there doesn't seem to be much room left for piddly expensive **** like CBs.

To answer an above question on why you can't use a sledge hammer: the leverages are all different. Theoretically you could for many of the movements and exercises, but it is more difficult because the weight is distributed differently along a CB to allow for easier levering. You can move your hand closer and further from the head of a sledge to adjust this, but moving it an inch changes the weight and difficulty dramatically. you COULD however buy a plastick bat and fill it with concrete around a piece of rebar or something.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 7:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get in the gym and lift like a man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2004 3:29pm

Style: Sombo, Judo, San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clubbells (actually weighted Indian Clubs) have been my favorite excercise equipment for years.

I got my first pair over 20 years ago and still do them 3 times a week.

The excercises work the muscles most essential to my art and demand your fluidity and timing.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123