Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 9:19pm

Style: WSL Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, well I decided to use the search function. I wasn't sure which was worse, reviving a dead thread or starting a new one and getting flamed for not using the search function...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it much better you SEARCHED before a starting a new thread so you escape the flames this time.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 9:40pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good times. Whatever happened to old Fatality Dragon anyway?

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 7:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WSL Wing-Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well couple of interesting things going on here!
    Im pretty sure I know of the situation your talking about with "stretcher wong". If im not mistaken, it may have been the fight when he hit his opponent and knocked him to the ground, but as he fell his leg somehow managed to hit Wong in the nads. Now if any of you have been kicked in the balls quite hard you would understand why you would drop (how could you not...)

Anyway all this stuff about Wong claiming this and claiming that. As far as I know he wasnt the type of person to claim anything and brag (my teacher trained with WSL for many years and knew him as a friend not just as instructor, and this isnt BS like some people who claim to be the student of so and so cause anyone respectable in the WSL WC community knows its true.), he was actually a very humble person who just happened to be very good at kung-fu. Also how can you suddenly go saying all this is false. The matches fought werent like they didnt have witnesses...if the fights had been false it wouldnt take 40 years for it to come out...And the whole thing about William Cheung...looking at a video of his first form (SLT) is enough to realise that he doesnt actually know properly what a lot of things designed in it are for (I can send a link of the video on request if you wish).

Anyway sorry to beat the dead horse here. But to sum up. Nobody here has the right to claim that Wong Shon Leung was a phony, because nobody who is bagging him obviously actually met him, or is associated with anyone who was close to him/taught by him etc. If his story is apparently fake, it would have taken one fight to prove that he was a fake, however his reputation as a kung-fu fighter was a very high and reputable one until people on forums (especially William Cheung people) start degrading him and making false facts that people believe on face value. Just for future advice on to everyone who reads things online. Dont believe everything you read at face-value...cross check it with as many different places/things as you can, and check what relevance people stating things have to the people they are talking about, for anyone can post bullshit and some people will believe it. anyway thats enough said :P

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 10:37am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually history has shown us people can get away with a lot more than one fake fight. I'm not calling BS on WSL, but I'm just saying it's not in the realms of impossibility.

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 9:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WSL Wing-Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I agree with you about that. However with WSL im pretty sure there were witnesses on both sides (WSL and whoever he was fighting). So if what he did was fake and published, you would presume that there would soon be an outcry/rage over him faking all these fights. However this didnt happen. But I totally agree with you, fights can be faked, I think difference here was they had witnesses, and it was published, and when published there were no complaints about authenticity.
    Anyway moving on :P

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 3:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ving Tsun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [
    so the only hope for proof youre give is to search a message board? thats how you back up bad mouthing Wong Shun Leung? Pujeh!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 3:53am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chun wa chin View Post
    [
    so the only hope for proof youre give is to search a message board? thats how you back up bad mouthing Wong Shun Leung? Pujeh!!
    9 years ago. Read the dates. And this is all you add? Your Mum's a pujeh.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234