--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent an email asking for information of the place, and here is the reply I got:

-=-
    The schedule for all programs at RIMA are postede on the web site but
    specifically the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu meets Monday through Thursday at 7:30
    PM where they train until 9 PM. The Muay Thai guys meet Monday through
    Thursday at 6:30 PM and train to either 7:30 or at times 8:30 PM.

Program costs are $75 per month with a 3 month agreement. You can reduce
    your monthly costs by signing up for 6 or 12 months.

Jiu-Jitsu requires you getting a GI (uniform) which will cost you about $50.
    That's all you need.

Muay Thai requires boxing gloves/wrist wraps ($50), mouth piece ($5), and
    shirt ($17). That's is.

We can offer you 1 week free to try out our programs. Give us a call when
    you are ready.
    -=-

I sent another email to see if that $75 is to let me have both or each is $75... if its the latter I'm going to have to pick one at first, and either way I'm likely to have to get a job to afford to go here. Their URL is http://www.4kickbox.com and http://www.diamondfightgear.com . Seems like a good place, but this seems to be a case of "you get what you pay for"

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any suggestions on what I should start now? I do not have $150 a month to spare if I have to pay 75 each, and the 6-12 mo. sign up thing reeks of a contract. I suppose that it may be good business practice, but this seems rather steep. Or, maybe its just THAT good?

Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a reply on pricing...
    You can cross train but you are looking at paying regular rate for one
    program and surcharge for the other. Surcharge is usually 20% off the
    regular rate. So that is $75 for one program and $60 for the other.

135 a month for both. That sucks. I'll have to have just one for a while... I'm thinking to take GJJ at first and then add MT when I can afford it. Any suggestions?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, that is pretty decent for a good MMA gym. I didn't look at the sites so maybe it says this, but make sure that you check their competition record. If they don't have one or it sucks, don't waste your money. I would also suggest concentrating on BJJ first assuming that you have had no prior training to keep costs down and after a year, go into Muay Thai. Either do it fully, or crosstrain if you have the cash at that point.

A.K.A MEAT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with donkeypenis.

I owned you the minute you were born!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should ask around and find out if it has a good reputation also.

I owned you the minute you were born!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is a place in durham with a 33-0 competition record, but thats too far away. This has been voted best in the triangle for years in a row... and for that matter the teachers have competition experience themselves. There are also ring fighters from that school.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds good, if you get alot of classes for that amount of money per month, and you can cross-train then that's a good deal imo.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Nil, is the Durham school called Team ROC? I've heard some good things about them. I think they have a website but I'm not sure.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too far away... and between the time I made that post and now, some bad crap happened and basically all the money in my family is going to living and paying legal fees... so I won't be training for a few months at least. feh...