Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 4:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you do any sport fighting KC?

I saw the San shou, overal MT guys won easyily, but the san shou (which is essentially kickboxing, a type of kungfu for the ring - so almost definitely the best form of kungfu in my opinion) won by points (2 fights) but were apparently beat up etc, just survived and got some more "fast hits in".

TMA can be good etc, I'm not aganst it or anything and have done TMA before many times..
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
  2. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you seen the kuoshu fights? I actually prefer what I have seen of those over san shou. They generally use the cage masks, allow elbows to the head and such. Unfortunately, I've only seen a couple kuoshu fights.

Mostly I spar full contact with other martial artists out here, from my school and from other styles.

I was thinking about doing kuoshu next year if I can find some nearby, though I'm always pushing the envelope on injuries(lame thing about being in my thirties). I'd be the old man in, but I might still do it.

How about you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 5:11pm

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do a vovinam neck breaker. they did it to marines in the vietnam war, it should work on some mma guys, it would be really nice to see tito ortiz get killed.

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 5:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Have you seen the kuoshu fights?" no I haven't. But I guess head gurards means no grappling, and is the clinch possible?

I'm only 17 :E but still do sport fighting (I didn't mean tornement) which is MMA (Pancrase), as well as BJJ (again with some other moves thrown in for good measure.) They're all Full cotact, but only the MMA contains striking. Was planning on frequently attending wrestling(shootfighting) "classes" but haven't beable to get back there [but will do though.] Used to do Traditional as well as more modern KB (seemed very Mcdojo like (not in the beggining), in fact they all did...)

I've only seen pictures of san shou, I meant "saw the article" [in my last post above] sorry but only concerning the Muay Thai vs San shou which sounds very interesting, especially if it's similar to MT..

what styles do you practice?

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 26 2002 17:40:12
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
  5. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 5:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do a southern style called six elbows kung fu. It's specifically very in-close range, works the clinch a lot. I've also studied some longfist, but not to the degree that I've studied six elbows. Before kung fu, I was in a mcdojo called chung moo quan, now called oom yung doe, no sparring, all the mcdojo stuff.

I'll see if I can find the kuoshu rules somewhere, if I recall correctly they are not as restrictive on strikes as san shou, but I don't know what the takedown rules are.

What is KB?

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is kungu fu supposed to look like? Do we have a weird looking punch or kick? No. There are some techniques that are not standard boxing buit still strikes none the less. If you kids are expecting real kungfu to look like the movies then wake up, it ain't like that at all.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/27/2002 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "-the san shou results in which the chinese beat muay thai fighters not that long ago"

And what about all the other times when the San Shou guys got raped...?

"-Joel Sutton info(the mantis guy who won a couple ufc matches)"

I don't remember there ever being a guy by that name in the UFC, mabye he was in a different promotion?

Also, can someone post links to the KFO and Cyberkwoon forums?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2002 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cyberkwoon.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=in dex&action=viewforum&forum=1&29132

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=1e482e817495382fb8f96efd3bf2673 d&forumid=2

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 2:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj, kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICY View Post
    "-Joel Sutton info(the mantis guy who won a couple ufc matches)"

I don't remember there ever being a guy by that name in the UFC, mabye he was in a different promotion?
    he fought in ufc 6 and 7:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joel-Sutton-107

one of his fights is in the extras bit of the dvd (maybe ufc 6?). he was really into headbutts and putting his fingers in his opponents cuts (both of which were banned after his fights). not sure how well that represents kung fu but there you go.

oh, and people on kfm have been bitching about him for a while:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...hp/t-5320.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12