Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TMA thread

TO THE MMA GUYS: I didn't say T & A thread, you can go back to your latest issue of "The Grappling Guys of Guam".

TO THE TRADITIONALISTS:
    Now that they're back to...whatever it is they do when no one's around[shudder], here's a good place to list positive experiences or good kung fu fight results, as a few on this forum have a very myopic view of kung fu and other traditional arts.

Here's some of the stuff that would be nice to see here:

-the san shou results in which the chinese beat muay thai fighters not that long ago

-Joel Sutton info(the mantis guy who won a couple ufc matches)

-san shou results in general, as well as putting san shou clips up for the education of the less enlightened members of this board.

-Cung Le stuff.

-Pics of kung fu guys beating Stipe like a red headed step child.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cung Le uses Thai Boxing and his high school wreslting experience when he fights in San Shou. ANYONE can see this.

Guess who Cung Le trains with now? Frank Shamrock. I wonder why? If he REALLY wanted to get good shouldnt he journey to China where the 'Real Kung Fu' is and learn those awesome secrets?

Why, as a champion, did he choose to train with Shamrock who has only been training in martial arts for a few years?

You already know the answer. Because Kung Fu is NOT a complete art. Read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do and then take Bruce Lee's advice.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just thought I'd say referring to all CMAs as one and the same--ie as "Kung Fu"-- is a blanket statement that people probably shouldn't make. After all, there's a good deal of variety between Taijiquan, Crane style, Wing Chun, Shui Jiao (sp?), etc. It's like referring to Aikido and standup Jiu-Jitsu as "throwing".
  4. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    peedee,
    I don't feed trolls, and scissor kicks aren't MMA.

Now scram, before I call your momma.

Edited by - KC Elbows on July 26 2002 15:35:14
  5. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Izru,
    but you knew what I was talking about, didn't you? I'd say TCMA, but no one would know what I was saying, so kung fu is as good a blanket statement as any.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I know, I was just putting this out there 'cause it pisses me off when people say "Kung Fu doesn't work, it's been proven" as opposed to "Wing Chun doesn't work, it's been proven". Besides the fact that they're probably wrong, it's an (even more) incredible blanket statement to make. No criticism of your title intended.
  7. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I agree. There's so many styles that are completely different from each other, yet people just say, "oh yeah, that stuff doesn't work", site unseen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KC,

You might want to post to KFO and cyberkwoon in case there are any CMAers there who feel like posting here. I know most avoid this place like the plague because it's seen as a clique of MMA otaku, but it really would be cool if some people showed up to represent the TMA camp. There are already mutual admiration societies for us MMA types on the web. It might also spare the KFO and 'kwoon boards the "MMA vs. TMA" threads, so they can go back to talking about their own things instead of fending off UFC fans.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 3:53pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might actually try a scissor kick in a MMA match after I get back into training full time.

I guarantee nobody'd be expecting it.
  10. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/26/2002 4:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Careful, Phrost, people are gonna start calling you traditional if you're not careful.;)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast