Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 9:55am

Style: ex-TKD 2 Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to run away. Are you encouraged to interact with other systems ? Are you able to actually hit senior students when you spar ? Are you locked into a year or multi year contract ? Do you guys compete in any thing at all where the free world attends ? DO you really think 8 arts in One is not a complete bullshite statement ? - one of the arts is "samurai sword"for chrissake.

Change your phone number. Change your name. Join an extreme religion if you need a cult , but join a boxing gym for a year or two and don't ever tell anyone your benificial moves exist.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 12:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobar
    I am a student of OYD....the movements are very beneficial to me and oter students...what ever h appened in the past happened. It seem like they were full of greed...all the money goes to the top! And schools only made very little to pay instructor wages. It saddens me that their system is so corrupted!
    The system was corrupt from the beginning. It was created as a con game. It was never a true martial art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 10:21am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Con games abound in martial arts...
    Westerners are suckered into these schools that promise to teach "the secrets of the masters"
    Just because the instructor is Asian doesn't make him superior to anyone else - get over it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2007 5:31pm

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "secret" is precisely what the Crazy tae cult people buy into. I think ex-jungyae has some experience with a similar master as well.

A lot of people in our culture are always looking for a short cut, an inside line. It should show you why books like "the secret" and Crazy tae are so successful. Often simply being mysterious, and not fully up front about your "teachings" leaves westerners with baited breath waiting for more.

This is making me want to post about something unreleated. WHich I will now be posting in the TYK thread.

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 8:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pa Kua Chang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spent five years and a ton of cash with the OYD/CMD. Stay away!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234