Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 5:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    So the organizers were deathly afraid the police would break down the doors because there was gambling going on, yet according to dux, the organizers brought in 16 cameras to film him from various angles so they could later establish that he was moving at world record speed?

They must have had multiple equipment trucks to cart their equipment around in. Sounds really covert. :)
    Exactly! So how did they manage to "covertly" infiltrate a relatively small part of the world like Jamaica undetected, with around 60 competitors (and their hangers-on) and all that equipment? Surely to God someone among the locals would have not only caught wind of the event, but have mentioned it in passing, either during or since?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2009 12:40am

Style: kobudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a kinundrum. That's the ninja way! :ninja2:
    Last edited by dogfighter; 1/05/2009 2:39am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like any conspiracy theory, it falls apart when you realize just how many people (all of whom would have a really cool story to tell their friends) have to keep their mouths shut. IMHO Dux's tale falls apart under the weight of its own BS. I confess to thinking it the **** when I saw Bloodsport though.

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 7:40am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    BTW I asked for and was given a Russian Paratrooper dog tag with my name an info on it from Russian soldiers I met in Kosovo. You can also obtain similar things online and in many Russian communities in Europe. I've bought Russian books on Cambo, Karate, guns, etc from said communinty and even uniforms when I was in Germany. So I don't put much stock in what Frank claims he has.
    A Warrant Officer II, who I worked for, told me that it was common among NATO soldiers based in Berlin to be offered Medals, uniform kit, from the Russki soldiers guarding the platform in East Berlin. He told me this circa 1979...so I'd imagine USSR Medals, Hats were not as rare in the West as some might think. When the Wall came down, everyone would have got a chance to buy CCCP kit. After all, they were damned poor (comparatively speaking) and...and...and...they're still coming....so much for the Triumphs of the East etc.

Dux...hahahaha.

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 4:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The maintained version of this document is at http://www.bullshido.org/Frank_Dux for future reference.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 4:56am

supporting member
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse me for pointing this out, but, all the webpages referring to archive.org are broken because they render with dots ... instead of rendering properly as URLs. This happens also in the page of bullshido.org.

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 1:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx View Post
    Excuse me for pointing this out, but, all the webpages referring to archive.org are broken because they render with dots ... instead of rendering properly as URLs. This happens also in the page of bullshido.org.
    Good spot! I will address it. Thanks!

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 10:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fixed in the wiki article.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/15/2009 1:22am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    A Warrant Officer II, who I worked for, told me that it was common among NATO soldiers based in Berlin to be offered Medals, uniform kit, from the Russki soldiers guarding the platform in East Berlin. He told me this circa 1979...so I'd imagine USSR Medals, Hats were not as rare in the West as some might think. When the Wall came down, everyone would have got a chance to buy CCCP kit. After all, they were damned poor (comparatively speaking) and...and...and...they're still coming....so much for the Triumphs of the East etc.

Dux...hahahaha.
    Its still the same. Soldiers will swap, barter, give and sell kit with each other.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2009 7:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Its still the same. Soldiers will swap, barter, give and sell kit with each other.
    Yep. I cross-decked onto a Russian destroyer a few years ago during a multi-national exercise for a few hours.

Didn't learn a damn thing about the ship, but came back with a crap-ton of old Soviet swag, and got rid of some old worn-out uniform items.

Those guys ate that **** up.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast