Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 6:19pm

Style: kobudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is one for the books,

http://www.frankduxfellowship.com/Frank%20Dux.htm

Does this mean Shidohi/Hanshi Dux is telling the truth?
    Last edited by dogfighter; 12/28/2008 7:52pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2008 7:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfighter
    Here is one for the books,

http://www.frankduxfellowship.com/Frank%20Dux.htm

Does this mean Shidohi/Hanshi Dux is telling the truth?
    Why would it? This could be a former student with stars in his eyes, or it could be a friend of Dux trolling. It may or may not verify some of his claims, but until I see CONCRETE evidence, I remain unconvinced... Suffice to say, the double feature in MAI hasn't swayed me towards the "believer" camp. Quite the opposite, actually.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 7:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No stars in my eyes. It really does not affect my life one way or the other. The LT. Comander that named Dux, also wrote a book about, the behind the seens accounts of the US government black op's and their illegal covert activities. I have no clue as to why this man would identify (under oath) Dux as a black op's player. This makes no sence to me. Unless he was pulling names out of thin air for what ever reason, I would have to believe there is some validity to this piece of evidence. And as far as stars in my eyes? I have had my 15 minutes a couple of times in the past and may very well get another 15 in the near future if all goes well! How bout you... :icon_pira DF

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 1:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No stars in my eyes. It really does not affect my life one way or the other. The LT. Comander that named Dux, also wrote a book about, the behind the seens accounts of the US government black op's and their illegal covert activities. I have no clue as to why this man would identify (under oath) Dux as a black op's player. This makes no sence to me. Unless he was pulling names out of thin air for what ever reason, I would have to believe there is some validity to this piece of evidence. And as far as stars in my eyes? I have had my 15 minutes a couple of times in the past and may very well get another 15 in the near future if all goes well! How bout you... :icon_pira DF
    Not sure what you're on about. I have no agenda here. I just don't like being lied to. Martial Arts get enough bad rep as it is, without the shysters adding their 2 Cents worth. For the record, I will clarify my personal position on the whole saga and you can make up your own mind...

I have never denied that Dux is a good Martial Artist (he can certainly throw a few good moves and having been a Technical Advisor and trainer to Van Damme, seems a decent teacher as well). It's also true that he did serve in the US Armed Forces (although when he allegedly won the "Kumite" in Jamaica, he didn't even have a passport - go figure!). What I have a problem with is the fact he (and the film in his honour, Bloodsport) make outrageous claims about his "world records" and unbeaten stint of 200+ bouts, all of which are unverified.

I see many athletes who HAVE made outstanding contributions to the Martial Arts world (all fully verifiable), but for some reason or another haven't had a fraction of the attention that Dux has had. Ultimately, I think the burden of proof is on Dux and if he cannot provide concrete and irrefutable proof of his supposed "achievements", he should stick to teaching his own self-styled Ninjitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 3:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you. I have no agenda either. I just find the subject kind of interesting. The fact that I was a student way back when is more of a novelty to me these days. It did suck though when I heard he may be a fraud. There is some evidence that suggests some of what he says is true. At the same time I do'nt discount the overwhelming evidence suggesting he may have also told lies! I commend bullshido for trying to weed out the wana b heroes and truth benders that plague the martial arts and more so, the war veterans who really deserve the credit for their sacrifices.

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 3:56pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank can post the guys affidavit and copies of the transcript of his testimony before congress if he wishes to try and authenticate this witness.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you. I have no agenda either. I just find the subject kind of interesting. The fact that I was a student way back when is more of a novelty to me these days. It did suck though when I heard he may be a fraud. There is some evidence that suggests some of what he says is true. At the same time I do'nt discount the overwhelming evidence suggesting he may have also told lies! I commend bullshido for trying to weed out the wana b heroes and truth benders that plague the martial arts and more so, the war veterans who really deserve the credit for their sacrifices.
    There is no evidence. Like Sam, I would have to see the affidavit and transcript of this testimony. So far nothing else he said has added up. (Also given that Martin seems only popular with conspiracy nuts says something.)

Also the reason I say there is no evidence is because I have used (ie called in favors) to look into not only Dux but another guy, Ali Mohammed, I was researching. I got TONS of stuff on Ali . Now if you want a story on how the Govt and really **** up then this guy takes the cake. The difference is I got info on him working for the CIA, being fired, coming to the US, coming to Bragg, going to train and fight with the Mujihadeen, being pals with Bin Laden, training Al Qeada (all this mind you while on active duty). Now I could get all this but NOTHING on Dux. NOTHING, ZIP, NADA!!!! I can't even find a manual he reported contributed to. However I have found some that other MA have and its no secret.

Lastly the tournament in Jamacia. My mom is Jamacian, My wife was born and raised in Jamacia. We both have family there that go way back. One thing I know about Jamacian is that they will tell somebody something went on. If Frank did compete in a tournament in Jamacia someone knows about it and will tell. IF Frank decided to give specific details of the Kumite I'm sure I could have someone track it down.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 7:11pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the Black Belt Magazine article Dux claimed it was in the Bahamas, he also claimed Jamaca at one time?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 7:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Claus
    In the Black Belt Magazine article Dux claimed it was in the Bahamas, he also claimed Jamaca at one time?
    Yep. Several pple have claimed to have heard Dux state the tournament was in Jamacia in 1975.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 9:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WW2 CQC and Shredder

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who asked for me??? O_o
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast