Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2008 10:04pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu & HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't go in to work today because of icy roads & was starting to get a little stir crazy in my house, then Bloodsport came on TV; so I poured myself a drink & read this thread while I watched the movie.

It's amazing that one man could fail to acomplish so many different things in a single lifetime.

Posted On:
    12/18/2008 7:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's still at it. He's been published (Part 2) in the UK Mag, Martial Arts Illustrated - Edition Jan 09. Claims include playing both sides during the Cold War in his expose "The Secret Man". Etc.

Edit - found the e-link: http://www.martialartsltd.co.uk/mai/...60&a=1900#1900

He's got some Neck...

:deadhorse
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 12/18/2008 7:10am at .

Posted On:
    12/18/2008 10:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy smokes, this is one helluva article. I knew Bloodsport was a Hollywood lie, but I didn't know all those details about Frank Dux.

Alex
    akillingart.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 3:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    He's still at it. He's been published (Part 2) in the UK Mag, Martial Arts Illustrated - Edition Jan 09. Claims include playing both sides during the Cold War in his expose "The Secret Man". Etc.

Edit - found the e-link: http://www.martialartsltd.co.uk/mai/...60&a=1900#1900

He's got some Neck...

:deadhorse
    I know, it's pathetic, isn't it? He even goes on to say "I'm very selective about who I can teach, because I can still pull your eyeball out of it's socket and choke you with it, before you can even blink!" :sad3:

What annoys me even more though, is the mag editor Bob Sykes belittles a reader who had the audacity to accuse Dux of making "unsubstantiated" claims, telling the reader that Dux is more or less the real deal because "he's so famous they even made a film about him". I expected better of an editor of a long-established magazine...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 11:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocky Balboa
    I know, it's pathetic, isn't it? He even goes on to say "I'm very selective about who I can teach, because I can still pull your eyeball out of it's socket and choke you with it, before you can even blink!" :sad3:

What annoys me even more though, is the mag editor Bob Sykes belittles a reader who had the audacity to accuse Dux of making "unsubstantiated" claims, telling the reader that Dux is more or less the real deal because "he's so famous they even made a film about him". I expected better of an editor of a long-established magazine...
    Um, I'm looking at the article, and I don't see it. Where is that written?

Posted On:
    12/24/2008 4:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninpo, Juijutsu, kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh Lord....a girl Ive known since she was 18 (in Seattle) wrote me this week to tell me she was being introduced to Frank Dux. She asked me what I knew about him. I gave her the rundown including links to the LA Times expose and here. My old instructor Chad Minge was apparently instrumental in outing Dux in LA with the TIMES and was the first person to warn me about him. When I was training with Genbukan in Federal Way, WA we used to get semi regular threats from 'Zura', Franks little lap dog instructor. This clown used to wear a duster with shuriken velcroed to it. He would make these phone calls accusing us of defaming his master (Dux) and challenging us. We would laugh and say, "Here's the address, c'mon over" but neither he nor his stucdents would show. Ac ouple of our guys went to his school and tried to get him or his students to 'compare' but were threatened with trespassing (lol).
    The NW has its share of MA pathological liars...we have Bennest and Dux among others but teh pathology is eerily similar. Ninja training from unfounded untraceable masters....military specwar backgrounds (bogus), counter terrorism experts....theses yo yos must have a club house where they get together and compare.
    To those of us that have done the time both in the arts and the military the Dux and Bennests of this world infuriate me.
    Ive got my DD214 that shows where I fought and Ive got my CIB. Dux never made it out of the San Diego Motor Pool and Bennest is an ass clown and a disgrace to law enforcement.
    So tired of tehse folks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 3:55pm

Style: kobudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dux defending himself> Some proof? You decide

This is the first i have heard from valid sources that Dux is the real deal. Dog Tom (former student) :deadhorse

http://www.frankduxfellowship.com/Frank%20Dux.htm

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank claimed he he contributed to a Special Warfare manual for SEALs. I have tried to find it and see what he contributed to. To date I have not found the manual and when I ask the question about Dux and the manual I get crazy looks at the JFK Special Warfare College here at Fort Bragg.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 2:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Oakley
    Um, I'm looking at the article, and I don't see it. Where is that written?
    It's in the letters page of this month's issue, a few pages before Part 2 of the interview. I expected better of Bob Sykes, to be honest. Yet while he says Dux is the real deal just because of the movie, he does nothing to address the wild claims is makes in the Epilogue about Dux's multiple "World records".

More to the point, Dux attributes this lack of verification (in Part 1 of the MAI interview) to the fact that "most of the witnesses don't speak English as a first language." Now, consider this - the "World records" are given in the world's only universal language - Mathematics! Therefore, the purported language barriers are no obstacle to stating (or even simply writing down) a few integer numbers.

He also claims the video evidence was stolen when the journalist made off with his and Dux's tape recorders in mid-interview. So, to buy this, you have to believe that a man with little or no MA training was able to outrun the great Frank Dux , while carrying these 2 huge objects (think 1980's tape recorders and you'll get the picture!!!).

His brass neck seems to get thicker and thicker with every passing year...

How do I shot web?

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: JKDC, Kali, Swords

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goof news everyone, I just read in a Yahoo article today that Chuck Norris ate Frank Dux with fava beans and a nice chianti. REJOICE!

Quote Originally Posted by ggboxer
    You know what, the hell with this ****. I'll leave my lame ass bitching ways and suck off the site management as my compliments, but I'll maintain my boobtastic status here always.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast