3 Years Hapkido
    3 Kosho Ryu Kempo
    Plut misc training in boxing

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    1/08/2003 11:54pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me get this straight. The guy who posted above, Jeremy Talbott, has over 36 years of MA experience? Where do you live, in a Shaolin temple? Granted, some of the stuff was probably concurrent, but still, 36+ years? Most of the pro fighters in my dojo only have 3 or 4 years of experience, tops (most of them were high school wrestlers but, from what I read at times, that doesn't count and it's only four years at that). If I was to train that long at my present pace, I'd be the UFC lightweight champ for sure (I'd also be 68 years old but that's beside the point :). Please let me know how you did it, that is really cool if it's legit.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/09/2003 3:17am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Van, I agree with your last post, but unfortunately that's only half the problem. The other half is that there are TMArtists who think they're going to fight out of a horseriding stance.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2003 4:33am

Style: Taiji quan yang style ("cheng fu" and "lu chan"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trained or not trained, in the street a good shot in the balls works the same. Not right ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2003 6:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys who think you fight out of a horseriding stance are not TMAist they are gay. You never fight out of that stance it is used to build the legs up.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/09/2003 7:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vargas,

Where I used to train Hung Gar, at 8 years I was just an intermediate student. There was one guy who had a black belt in Kajukempo before he joined and had been with my Sifu for over 30 years. There were several students in the more than 20 years at that school category and most of them also had previous experience.

It's not such a big deal. If you start when your a teenager and just DONT QUIT.

Anyways, now we all know Mr. Talbot is an OLD MAN ! ! !

:)

BAH ! Puny Humans !
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    1/09/2003 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DEAR LORD! HEAVEN FORBID IF MR. TALBOTT ACTUALLY STUDIED TWO ARTS AT THE SAME TIME!

I started when I was 10 actually. If it gives you a more warm fuzzy feeling, I will print the dates:

1980-1983 Shuri-ryu Karate (Phil Koppel School of Karate)
    1983-1984 Vovinam/Vietdao (Uncle Vin, my best friend's uncle.)
    1984-1989 Tang Soo Do (Gabriel's School of Tang Soo Do)
    1989-Present Taekwondo WTF (Started in the military under Master Kim in Italy for 2 years, when I returned home I was under Master Kim, Gab-tong for 3 years, 1 year teaching, Dr. Gavin 3 years, and then moved to GM Park, Kyoung-ho who I am still with today, 5 years)
    1995-1998 Hapkido (Hapkido Academy)
    1995-1998 Kosho Kempo (Hapkido Academy)
    1998-Present- Taekwondo, Jidokwan, Kumdo(World Martial Arts Institute)

So it isn't that far fetched. I only claim my black belts in Taekwondo (2nd dan), Tang Soo Do (1st dan), Jidokwan (2nd Dan), Kumdo (1st dan). I try not to fight from my horse stance too much as it hurts my crotch from all the kicks I receive. :) I hope this helps.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/09/2003 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trained or not trained, in the street a good shot in the balls works the same. Not right ?

Except ball shots do not work all that well.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/09/2003 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omar,
    What do you think of Hung Gar? Start a thread.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123