Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who wants to bet that he will suddenly start his own school of Kunto, presenting the rest of the world the opportunity to learn this ancient and secret art for the first time.
    What an opportunity.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 4:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realize I'm inviting a derailment, but I'd also like to welcome rikkers to the board and invite him to post more about the topic of life in the FFL - perhaps in a new thread. The FFL is very exotic to most of our readership, and it would be very cool to hear about it firsthand.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 10:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me too, me too.

Interestingly, the scanned one-page article shown on that Figaro Pictures website says Vandenberg was a Green Beret . . . . which is the first time I've seen that claimed! Could be some dumb reporter's mistake, but the tattoo does look familiar, doesn't it? I don't think the reporter gave him that tattoo.

Master of the Shrimp

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh, finally! I had the advanced readers copy since my girlfriend worked at a bookstore and one of her friends gave it to her. In this book it's "Bunto" and he is retarded. One of my friends lived and trained in Okinawa and is considered an encyclopedia of martial arts by some. I asked him about this guy's okinawan teacher and art and he said"Bullshit!"

I will say I thought parts of "Pit Fighter" were pretty good.
    Last edited by blindfury; 3/07/2007 12:26am at .

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:29am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we get an on the record statement from your friend along with his biography?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:28am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shouldn't his Muay Thai record in Thailand be verifiable somehow? Doesn't he claim to be some sort of world champion at 18? (again should be verifiable somewhere - or at least verifiable that there is no record of it)

Ah the joy continues...

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 5:15am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget, Dom trained Leo Dicapprio in knife fighting for Gangs of New York, and he's one of the few knife fighting experts to have survived real life encounters! It's in his IMDB bio page, it must be true! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888664/

Posted On:
    3/10/2007 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to find the book at Banres and Noble. They said that a copy was in stock but I couldn't find it. If he has pics in his book of himself in his Legion uniform, there could be some validity to his claim. I will know when I see the pics. A lot of people go there for 6 months, get some pics and then take off. 5 years later, they have stories for all their friends about thier "5 years" in the Legion.
    I only know that the quotes by him in the article I read regarding basic training and some other events, sounded strange to me . If you could scan those pics from his book and send me a PM, i'll get you my email and we can work this out.
    R

Posted On:
    3/10/2007 10:47pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not have the book anymore having given it to a French Friend. But my offer still stands to buy you a copy off of Amazon.com if you so desire.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    3/12/2007 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Don't forget, Dom trained Leo Dicapprio in knife fighting for Gangs of New York, and he's one of the few knife fighting experts to have survived real life encounters! It's in his IMDB bio page, it must be true! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888664/
    Because, God knows, I kill at least a dozen knife fighting experts on my way to work every morning.

Car>Knife=Splat
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast