Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/15/2005 10:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlap
    JFS The sad part is people would buy it You could talk about how badass the yeti are since you are the only man to go one on one and live to talk about it..
    Okay ... you caught me. Actually, I didn't TD against the Yeti ... I playfully wrestled in the snow a few times with my then Girlfriend ... hoping to get laid ... I think ... not in the snow though.

The blackbelt article threw me for a loop when I saw it as I had some old emails from him about the Burmese arts and in his Bio at the time he used word for word my description of Naban. I was also told I might ejoy parts of the book
    Guy reads like a waste of carbon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2005 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    Yeah, he may be a pile of stinking ****, but have you got to hang out with Cameron D?

Wait a minute, this picture proves his book is for real!

Top pic- **** sure does attract some nice flies.

Bottom pic-The picture looks pretty recent probably from a movie set

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2005 3:09am

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell...I could have a picture taken today of me standing next to some malaysian looking monks. Would I be more of a badass for it?

Posted On:
    3/04/2007 3:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can somebody who has read The Iron Circle, please post a timeline of Mr. Vandnberg's accomplishments. According to an article I had read, he joined the Legion at 18 years old (approx 1987) and served for 5 years (approx 1992)

I served in the Legion from 1994-1999. Some of the claims he makes in articles that I have read sound inconsistent with the Legion that I know. With more details of his service, I can contact former legionnaires from 2Rep (where he claims to have served) of that era and find out for sure.

The only other way is to ask Mr. Vandenberg for his matricule # is (he'll know what it is) And with that number I can check to see if he did 5 days or 5 years. Just because you have this number doesn't mean you served, it means you showed up to serve. May things can happen between showing up and actually getting to a regiment.

Rick

Posted On:
    3/04/2007 5:59pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Rick,

Welcome to Bullshido, and Mr. Vandenburg does not provide any real dates in his book concerning his legion service. Except I believe there is a section in which he claims to have helped evacuate civilians from Rwanda. If you are serious and want to help, I'd be willing to buy you a copy of this book.

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam,
    I'm in California now and can just run by the local Border's books and read up. If he provides no dates and no REAL pictures of himself, this is most likely BS. It just doesn't make sense. In the article that I read, things just didn't jive. I will pass what I know onto those that were at 2rep at the time he has indicated he was there 1987-1992ish.
    They will know; its a small community.
    Rick

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 9:18pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a lot of pictures that are supposedly of him in legion uniform. He looks different then he does now, so perhaps thats the passage of time, or perhaps its another person. How can I help further?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 9:21pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sense the makings of another fine project here people!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 10:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hwa rang do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't his life story sound like a combination of 2 Van Damme flicks: Bloodsport & Lionheart?

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 10:40pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ideally to prove this gentleman was, or was not in the FFL, we would need to get a statement on the record for a FFL spokesman if such an position exists. Or some affidavits.

Ah, the joy of proof and investigations!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast