Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can only comment on what I know on his bio at figaro pictures the black belt article was even worse

STEAMING PILE OF BS #1

Leaves from the legion were not your typical "leaves", this is when Vandenberg put his training to the use of helping others. On one leave he went to Burma to teach the National Liberation Army, helping them in defending their rights. When his tour ended with the legion, he went back to Burma and worked as an independent soldier and studied the art of Gurka, combat knife fighting, under Master Sik.

STEAMING PILE OF BS #2

In addition he began to compete professionally in freestyle Bando, winning two international tournaments.

software engineer

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlap
    I can only comment on what I know on his bio at figaro pictures the black belt article was even worse

STEAMING PILE OF BS #1

Leaves from the legion were not your typical "leaves", this is when Vandenberg put his training to the use of helping others. On one leave he went to Burma to teach the National Liberation Army, helping them in defending their rights. When his tour ended with the legion, he went back to Burma and worked as an independent soldier and studied the art of Gurka, combat knife fighting, under Master Sik.

STEAMING PILE OF BS #2

In addition he began to compete professionally in freestyle Bando, winning two international tournaments.
    Is this Phil Dunlap, the AFS bando guy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is
    So ... uh ... Phil ... you seriously don't think this ass monkey knows **** from shinola I take it :toothy10:

I find the Belgium Army thing a hoot!!! I was attached to a Belgium unit back in '89 while stationed in the then FRG. I begged to be extended but no dice.

All I did was drink beer ... very good beer I might add ... eat rabbit with boiled potatoes and apple sauce ... jump out of hot air balloons ... and shoot at the range whenever I felt like it. Range Control was too busy drinking brewskies to do much beyond saying "Do try to stay in your own lane when firing."

And this was the "rapid deployment" unit for them :5shocking

The most laid back military organization I've ever encountered ... it was like a fucking Boys Club with no Adult supervision.

Being in the Belgium Army DOES NOT COUNT ... but sure is a bunch of fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about the French Foriegn legion or Belgian Army and am hate to comment on peoples military service as even though for a brief period I bore arms against an oppresive government I have never served and am uncomfortable questioning things I don't know about.

As to he unofficial service in Burma it is where I "bore arms" and he is FULL OF ****.

As to his Martial claims in Burma / Myanmarthe the arts were very rarely called Bando .

Freestyle Bando competition does not exist unless the American Bando Assoc. has invented
    as part of their tournies.

WTF the F**K is Gurka ? Goorka are a people from Nepal and Ghurka is a Regiment in the British army. The **** people spew does not even make sense

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 5:39pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dom starred in his own straight to video B rated action movie called Pitfighter. Spike tv has been buying up all the rights to these old kung fu flicks, and now they're doing the same with all the aforementioned STV actioners. Seagal, Van Damme, and now Vandenburg. I saw like half of Pitfighter on there the other day. I also have the Dom article in that MA mag. Somewhere. I somehow expected to be impressed with the fight scenes. He must LOOOOVE Van Damme, 'cause he leaves his hands down so he can get repeatedly punched and kicked in the face, and then gets his second wind and comes back with a spinning kick to win it all just like his Belgian hero. Hmmmm... Oh yeah, he can somehow survive multiple gunshots and heal back good as new.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 6:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about the French Foriegn legion or Belgian Army and am hate to comment on peoples military service as even though for a brief period I bore arms against an oppresive government I have never served and am uncomfortable questioning things I don't know about.
    Pity the ass monkey didn't follow suit ... he comments ... and drowns ... and comments ... and drowns ...

As to he unofficial service in Burma it is where I "bore arms" and he is FULL OF ****.
    I don't doubt it for a moment ... and perhaps this is really the solution ... let's give the guy a 55 gallon drum cold coffee enema and see if that helps ... just a thought.

As to his Martial claims in Burma / Myanmarthe the arts were very rarely called Bando . Freestyle Bando competition does not exist unless the American Bando Assoc. has invented as part of their tournies.
    If this was baseball ... that's 3 strikes and he should sit down on the bench.

WTF the F**K is Gurka ? Goorka are a people from Nepal and Ghurka is a Regiment in the British army. The **** people spew does not even make sense
    Agreed and the sad ... or funny ... depending how twisted you are ... part about it is this bonehead will probably make some money on this ****.

BTW, did I ever tell you about my time as a Merc Himalayan Hitman for the remnants of the Tibetan Monastery and how I threw down repeatedly against those fur ball, roving maniac, Yeti ... on icy narrow foot paths ... when not single handedly wiping out the invading PRC Regulars book out in June 2006 movie deal to follow

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2005 11:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JFS The sad part is people would buy it You could talk about how badass the yeti are since you are the only man to go one on one and live to talk about it..

The blackbelt article threw me for a loop when I saw it as I had some old emails from him about the Burmese arts and in his Bio at the time he used word for word my description of Naban. I was also told I might ejoy parts of the book

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/15/2005 8:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    So ... uh ... Phil ... you seriously don't think this ass monkey knows **** from shinola I take it :toothy10:

I find the Belgium Army thing a hoot!!! I was attached to a Belgium unit back in '89 while stationed in the then FRG. I begged to be extended but no dice.

All I did was drink beer ... very good beer I might add ... eat rabbit with boiled potatoes and apple sauce ... jump out of hot air balloons ... and shoot at the range whenever I felt like it. Range Control was too busy drinking brewskies to do much beyond saying "Do try to stay in your own lane when firing."

And this was the "rapid deployment" unit for them :5shocking

The most laid back military organization I've ever encountered ... it was like a fucking Boys Club with no Adult supervision.

Being in the Belgium Army DOES NOT COUNT ... but sure is a bunch of fun.
    Similar experience. Except we were in the Balkans. The DUVELs(means DEVIL and is aptly named) brews were great. They got schooled in spades, and we usually had to go find them when we went out in sector for missions. However they did have some guys that could shoot tere ass off.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2005 8:45am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, he may be a pile of stinking ****, but have you got to hang out with Cameron D?

Wait a minute, this picture proves his book is for real!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast