Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Did Pink Floyd rip off Bruce Lee?

This is a very weird observation I made the other day whilst watching The Big Boss on DVD (I think it was called 'The Chinese Connection' for the Americans on the forum).

When I put it to the original Chinese soundtrack - one of the background tunes sounded exactly like a track off Pink Floyd's 'The dark side of the moon'. (Its the moody atmospheric one with a clock ticking and guitar overlayed) At first I thought - OMG they took a pink floyd track and used it without permission.

I then realised that The Big Boss was released a good 7+ years before Pink Floyd's 'The Dark side of the Moon'. I'm surprised no one has made this connection before but I guess it onlya ppears on the Cantonese version of the film and not the english dub - and I doubt Pink Floyd were ever that bif Hong Kong.

So is it possible that a so called 'intellectual' british band ripped off some nameless Hong Kong music composer who probably got paid next to nothing for his efforts?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably. I hear tunes being ripped off all the time, and never any credit given.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Occam's Razor says no.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Occams' t3h Inc0rr3ct !
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Occam WILL CUT YA! *refer to avatar for dramatic emphasis*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There IS NO R4Z0R! !!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! *screams until blood gushes out from eyes*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's possible it's just a coincidence...also, how could they have been ripping off Bruce Lee? Did HE write the music for that song!?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually the title ofmy thread was misleading. No I doubt bruce lee wrote it. But I doubt its coincidence - not only is it the same tune - but an almost identical arrangement.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you're 100%, and it goes on all the time. Musicians take things from all over the place IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last