Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 7:23am

Style: sambo, stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lostitagain View Post
    It's not all fairy tales. I listed a reference so people could verify my post or if interested they could follow up and learn more about Jigoro Kano.

edit: You can blame this noob for the thread necro...but I think its important that people be able trace their teaching back to the founder of the art. That's how you avoid the my ancient art has been passed down secretly over the last 50 billion years frauds.
    Well yes, I agree there are some reasonable contributions (yours beeing one, even though... i mean... five years...). So its not all fairytales. That is not what I wanted to say.

But there are some stories in here (as old as they may be), which plainly fall into the "Grimms Märchen" category. And I think the title of the thread invites posting of such idiocy, as it seems to imply people are allowed (even asked) to post any unsourced hearsay their "masters" fed them over the years.

Besides that its not an investigation, which is why I wondered about it beeing in MABS. This could be due to different rules/code of conduct back in the day though.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 8:35am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chung Do Kwan and it was created by Won Kuk Lee. I am Third generation, as my instructor is one of the first Chung Do Kwan students, Hyun Ok Shin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 10:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Well yes, I agree there are some reasonable contributions (yours beeing one, even though... i mean... five years...).
    Well I have to get my post count up and I'm not going to just post something like "ninjers suck" to do it. I'd rather make a useful and informative post.

Just see how useful this post is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2009 11:36am

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Walter Bayless invented Bayless Gi-less Jiu-Jitsu, techniques not invented by Walt can be traced to Shooto, folkstyle wrestling, and BJJ.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011