Middleweight

2 hours from the beach, 4 from the mountains

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ssshhh, he's not quite on the hook... and it is only their wood against his Stainless.
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:35pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by TheWarlock
    C'mon now. You can't expect anyone to take you people seriously if *every single* one of these "hardcore sparring vids" you have is just grapple, hump, grapple, hump. Can i see some punches? Kicks? Anything resembling a Kata from any style? For really now.
    WhiteShark? Could you post your avatar clip?

Now, why exactly is punching and kicking an invisible, non-existent person some how more legitimate to you than, well, actual fighting?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:36pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Stold3
    What a douche. JKDChick would probably rip you a new asshole.
    At my competition CUT weight, I outweigh him.

But OH! I don't do Kata! I musn't know how to fight!
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:38pm

Style: Sabre/Rapier/Katana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ::sigh::

To be realistic, I wouldn't let you attack me head on off the bat with stainless or any other steel. Sides, even in the case of people I'm trying to disprove skill in, I prefer a friendly enviroment.

I'd spar you shinai, spar you waster/bokken with armor. Then depending on how good you actually were. I'd bring up the stainless versus bokken. Should you be that one in a million who's somehow competent without actual training or knowledge of the weapons you're using, I would admit such publically there, and on this forum. As well as sharing the vids I'd take.

Realistically and far more probably... You're like every other self taught swordsman who thinks they're good. You don't know how to void, you block hard with the blade instead of parrying. And you'll never lay the blade on my body the entire time. The fight would last all of five seconds tops like any real sword fight does. And it'd consist of about three-five strikes. Only one-three of them connecting (depending on if I had to parry or not).

As for the sales, did I say there's NO sales on Bullshido? I said the Throwdown stuff isn't there to sell anything. Which is what you initially brought up. Try reading in the future.

Honestly, you think STAINLESS steel is going to hold up against a good oak bokken? The only injuries I'd take in that most likely, is that I'd ignore normal rules of blocking, And I would repeatedly attack your sword.

On a normal steel to oak ratio, Oak is stronger pound for pound. Stainless steel is far more brittle than good sword quality steels. Wanna guess what happens?

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by TheWarlock
    ...because some idiot thought he could take a person who knows how to use a sword with a piece of wood.
    www.thewarlock.net
    Anyone want to tell this guy about Musashi? What with his claim about great love and interest in Japanese swordsmanship?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JKDChick
    But OH! I don't do Kata! I musn't know how to fight!
    See, told ya! :D
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Bard of DorAr
    Anyone want to tell this guy about Musashi? What with his claim about great love and interest in Japanese swordsmanship?
    *snicker*
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's just something incredibly off in doing kata with weapons anyone. One of two things happen.

#1: You pull the shots so as to not make the strike go further than it's supposed to for the kata. This is somewhat hard on your wrists, and teaches bad habbits when push comes to shove. (you pull when you shouldn't).

#2: You just let the blade flow through instead of actually striking. This doesn't harm you much, but it still screws your mindset. You end up expecting the blade to do that, when it doesn't against actual targets.

When I'm teaching someone actual cuts but not sparring I just grab a bo or other staff, hand him a shinai to start (Upping to bokken or sabre waster quickly). Show him the cut a few times, then tell him to use it against the stick.

That way you don't pull and don't over extend and get the feeling of doing the technique against something real.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:55pm

Style: Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Bard of DorAr
    ::sigh::

To be realistic, I wouldn't let you attack me head on off the bat with stainless or any other steel. Sides, even in the case of people I'm trying to disprove skill in, I prefer a friendly enviroment. yap yap yap yap yap
    Look at all this imaginary crap you're coming up with. You've allegedly been trained to defend against structured, controlled, and expected attacks. I'm not part of any of that, so what makes you think anything I do would be expected? If I'm Ninja, why wouldn't I just come up and slit your throat whilst you slept? You didn't expect me to type that, so where is all this expectation coming from? You are truly in some kind of fantasy world.

Why doesn't everyone just admit they're full of it and save all of us the time of having to read this daydream based tripe?

And that Dog Brothers vid on their site - whooo boy that's quality! I could do that all damn day. That's the kinda stuff I wanna see more of. Complete psychotic berzerk rage. Mmmmmhhhmmm! Just like mom used to make!

And as for JKDChick with her, "I outweigh you" stuff - umm. I'm 6'1" and weigh 160 lbs. If you weigh more than me and are in any way shorter than that, you're fat like I said. We all knew this anyway, but I figured I'd just mention it.

And oh yeah, Arizona boy, yes you said "no sales". Meaning none. Excluding all. Dumbass.

p.s. Of course I know who Musashi is. I've wanted the Musashi Katana for forever because it's the perfect size for me. I have the friggin Book of Five Rings and I know what's up. Idiots. Complete idiots.

Damien

www.thewarlock.net
    Last edited by TheWarlock; 8/18/2004 9:02pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 9:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say A+... it has taken him only 8 posts to achieve a status that few can match. Good on you, sir!

EDIT: ****, didn't read the whole post... he knows about the 5 rings... A++.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast