Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2003 3:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are a great and wise teacher, the money will take care of itself. If you are good, wise, tough and strict yet caring, then it's the students that support you and in return, the master supports you. No McDojo mentality, even with master/disciple relationships, although there is no money involved, the disciple must help the master from preparing food to cleaning.

With cage fighting, you have no supporters. Sponsers will back out on you as soon as you start losing. Fans will turn from you in a heart beat, but a real student will not turn from you just because you face an obstacle on the way, just as the master won't desert you when you meet an obstacle.

Also, in cage fighting, you can only compete for what? 3-5 years? Anything longer and it'll be pretty tough. Once you get in your late 30's and late 40's, you start feeling it. Or, if you get injured, you're done for. A martial artist can still prepare himself for defense no matter what his age or handicap is although it is very difficult. There are many great martial artists over the age of 70 that can still whoop on their students but are just too old to compete in the ring.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    1/06/2003 12:40pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did the MMAist look familiar?

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/06/2003 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, he was not anyone I recognized. The show was in St.Louis and he fights out of Chicago.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12