Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 1:07am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I am watching Elimidate and the guy does cage fighting. This almost makes the show tolerable...
    Anyway, going back to being bored.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 3:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, a person who does cage fighting must have a very good future ahead of him

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 6:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but he got a pretty hot chick.
    All in all, not a bad night for the guy.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 6:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did some one say CHICK?

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 12:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I typed chick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 12:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Oh yeah, a person who does cage fighting must have a very good future ahead of him"

Someone has to continue martial arts. If noone does it then it dies.

Osiris maat-kheru
    I dunno about you, but cage fighting isn't very good money.

You can continue in the arts by doing it as a hobby, or if it's your life, training all the time but very few people see it as a means of making money.

Most of the money is at pro boxing

Titan

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sad if it is.

----------------------------------------------------------
    ”He (Master Bristol) was like a slippery fish. There was no way I could hold on to him.” -- Tomas Shurrman, Judo Expert
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 3:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Oh yeah, a person who does cage fighting must have a very good future ahead of him" - if he/she has another job (especially a well payed one) then doing cage fighting is an advantage (fincially, good for physical health etc.), if you fight constantly in high quality events (PFC, UFC etc.) or events which are almost to that standard then you're in a well payed job. If you enjoy the cage fighting as a fighter, or it's your favortie thing in life then this is quite an advantage.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2003 2:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on what type of cage-fighting.

A lot of the underground events they have going on that have little protection gear as in no protection gear and no rules unlike the UFC (which is pretty much illegal) are not going to be great for your health. Even some UFC fighters come out bleeding, and shots to the head which isn't all that great for your health.

The UFC/Pride people do get good money, but most of the money comes from advertising and sponsers, just like in boxing.

Money isn't the most important thing in life, but in some cage fighting organizations, you usually have to win or fight at least a certain amount of time to get paid. That's not the most secure thing in the world.

I'm not against cage fighting, but you really need to watch on how they are really doing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2003 3:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Security as in a future. Most cage fighters and professional athletes live a tough life. Not as in tough for the good tough, but...

Your health, you travel too much, sometimes you don't get enough rest, etc.

I remember when I competed in full-contact sparring or even collegiate wrestling. It was a living nightmare. Get up early in the morning, run, you really can't eat that much, you compete, you compete again, and you compete again, sometimes having 7-8 matches and it's very dangerous where there's a lot of blood times and everything. Sleep at 1, get up at 6.

Cage fighters get more freedom than professional athletes, but Osiris, a cage fighter is different from a martial arts school

A cage fighter is solely dependent on his abilities and his performance in danger situations as a source of income

A martial artist is not just solely dependent on his abilities and his performance, but more so on his knowledge and the ability to share that knowledge and help guide you through every step of the way.

A martial artist still needs to perform, but his money comes from people who support him like loyal students, not underground organizations or sponsers.

There is a difference
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast