Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 3:52am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok heres the question,, What do TMAs want to prove them selfs i mean do we really have to move the fight into the real street. No rules to death, I mean **** when most of the TMA guys enterd the first UFC they got knocked out by boxering moves not a snake strike or some bs. Then the grapplers beat them, Now i ask what do you TMA guys really want just a little respect to forget that all your training didnt do **** in there and no fire ball came out of your hands when you sat thinking with your eyes closed wishing it could happen. I have an idea why dont you TMA find Tito on the street then say you can kick his ass because he is no longer in a soft ring where he gets his so called *SUPER POWERS* and see what happens. Do you really think you will win, Also lets play the pretend game again, I always hear this "What if they have a weapon or friends how is the ring like a street fight Its one on one with rules and no weapons" well let me break it down for you, First off your Kung fu TKD karate etc, Wont do any more for you then the higher trained fighter out of the ring who has way more Full contact experience then you. You ask what if he pulls a gun? well the MMA fighter would be fucked just like any other fighter around TKD Kungfu can not stop bullets . What do you think happen in the boxer rebellion in china (say boom to the kungfu guys) they found out that no matter how hard they tryed to block the bullet it seemed to kill them any ways. And so Kungfu was banned and wushu begain for a period. Not to mention the fake that most poeple cant take on more then two people , Some can but Wether or not your from MMA or TMA your once again fucked. Now i ask you this, Why stay with arts that are worse then other arts. Brain wash proble or maybe you think you can prove your art yourself. Wake up and smell the coffe in the would some cars are better then others Its like TMA are choosing a ford pento over a Hummer. Some people i will never under stand going for a lesser product when you can have a better one for the same price. Some people=Stupid. But to look at it the other way some TMA do work , I happen to think escrima is a nice skill add in and i am working on it. But in order to make TMA to work you have to do alot of cross training and there for become a MMA. Knoweledge is power and after 1993 you have no excuse to choose a stupid martial art.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 3:54am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    err sorry about spelling/grammer lol
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point wasn't that TMA don't have to "prove" themselves; if anything, they need to "prove" themselves now more than ever. What I was driving at is that if all you look at is the UFC and automatically say "Well clearly this style doesn't work", then you're being incredibly narrow-minded. Most people are too lazy to examine WHY certain arts lose, instead just labeling it "ineffective" and moving on. That's why I started that thread on principles; I wanted to see what made a style work or fail. To all you
    armchair Bruce Lee's who believe that Blockbuster Video has the power to debunk 2,000 years of lies, ask yourself this: do I even know anything about the style I'm bashing? More than likely, the answer's going to be "they, like, horse stance and ****". If that's the case, you've really lost your talking privledge.

If, say, karate's a bad martial art, regardless of the quality of instruction, training, and individual, then how did it survive for so long? As much as I honestly hate bringing up the mystique of feudal Japan, you've got your head in the sand and possibly your rectum if you think that no style had to "prove" itself back then.

I'm on your side, guys. I wish we could bring back dojo challanges and I wish every school practiced full-contact sparring and I wish we could take most of this tradition and nonviolence crap and flush it down the fucking toilet. But the instant you begin opening your ignorant mouths and begin saying "Well karate doesn't work because I rented a video once" and THEN say that you have this enlightened view on the martial arts without even knowing anything about the goddamned style you're bashing, well...I'm trying to put this nicely, but....die.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2003 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Boyd, I agree with you!! The problem is that most of these guys that train NHB or MMA think TMA guys are all the same, there are some schools that train NO CONTACT, no more needs to be said about that but some TMA schools train full out and just as hard as the GRAPPLING GUYS!!! that practice in the MUD or in the RING OF FIRE or whatever. Not all TMA are the same just as not all MMA are the same so we all just keep going in this circle jerk about what's the best but it still comes down to one thing,
    FIGHTERS ARE BORN, NOT MADE, YOU EITHER HAVE THE ATTITUDE OR YOU DON'T!!! I don't feel as though I wasted 22 years of training in TKD because over the years I did alot of cross training as well, but TKD gave me kicks I don't think I would have learned from most other arts but I still fight with my hands up, I don't believe in Olympic Style TKD!!! Happy New years Everyone!!!

VAN (alias Dave Vanderhoff)

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/06/2003 6:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >I wish we could bring back dojo challanges

MAN I am with you here. To bad pple don't know how to take an asswhopping anymore. You beat down a teacher at his school and then the next fights in the court.

I don't think the UFC PROVED anything but I am thankful that it came to be. More pple are willing to come to the mat and throw down. (BOTH MMA and TMA) So I say THANK YOU for a safe legal way to whip pples ass!!!

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123