Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 3:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD boxer, you need to realize that the TKD you're learning is just 100% McDojang. And you can also guess that the BJJ is also commercialized crap.

It's better going to an all-out hardcore TKD school which is rare but I'm guessing you'll love and a good BJJ dojo or club. But since it's free, learn the principles, but you need to apply them on your own.

Titan

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 4:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, it is not better to go to a "Hardcore TKD school"

What he is doing now will give him a more rounded style, and experience in different ranges.

----------------------------------------------------------
    ”He (Master Bristol) was like a slippery fish. There was no way I could hold on to him.” -- Tomas Shurrman, Judo Expert
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 7:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the BJJ school was crap, they wouldn't be competing or even sparring for that matter. Martialartist, how can you say his BJJ school is crap when YOU don't even know what we are talking about? Let me explain.....

". If the guy's stance is so sweeping isn't the best thing to do, manipulate his balance by pressuring and releasing, or just releasing, or circling and doing it."

..... he doesn't have a stance. He is trying to sweep him on the ground.

Anyway.. definately try to move from the guard to his back. Being smaller, you can do better like this. You can guarantee your opponent is going to try to stack you. It would benefit you to learn the belly sweep when they try to pass your guard and the helicopter sweep when they try to stack you.

A.K.A MEAT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 11:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The BJJ is taught by a guy named Scott Tackett, who trains under Bruce Tegger, Bruce has come in and taught a couple classes. I also have a book on BJJ by the Gracies and everything we do in class is dead up the same.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12