UAAAH!

Posted On:
    8/15/2004 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Mark Su Kow
    Ya'll have no idea how excited I am about this. I am at The Koinonia Combat Arts Club on SE 8th street and Cornell across from the airport in the small industrial section. Burgerville and Albertsons are in the immediate area too. We have a big red sign on the street. It's a poor little gym so don't expect any flash. If you want to come earlier I teach my class on MONDAY from 6-8/830 Tomorrow we will do a lot of sparring and NHB stuff to get ready for the Throwdown, I dont want to shame myself. Other classes are Tu, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. It's 55$ a month but we also do scholarships if that is too steep. We are here to fight not get rich. Or God forbid become a McDojo. We test almost every night with no extra fees for belt exams although donations are welcome but not expected.
    What's your exact address? I must get directions off of map quest. I'd love to show up tommorow along with Sun Tzu.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2004 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and I hope you mean 6-8 PM. If it's AM my breath alone will kill somebody :p

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2004 9:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Mark Su Kow
    Mox where are you comming from I can more than likely arrange trans.
    SE portland, Mt. tabor area.

Kempo Instructor

Posted On:
    8/16/2004 9:11am

Style: Shorin Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NE portland? no wonder you are a fighter. All you need to know in that area is Ching Ching Pow at 15 yards

Koinonia Combat Arts Club
    1379 NE 25th Ave Hilsboro Oregon 97124

Yes that is 6 PM we also have AM classes

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2004 11:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a great time, came away with a small shiner and some nice gi-burn on my throat. Are you guys planning to get mats eventually? I have some killer rug burn on my knees.

For those who weren't there:

To begin with there was quite a bit of stretching, then conditioning drills. Pretty standard stuff, wheelbarrows, abs, etc. There was about 20-30 minutes devoted to this, a little more than I'm used to but probably very good for my body since I've been slacking the last year. Then they ran through the 5 Kempo forms (no I didn't want to dance with you fruitcake :p), after that some light sparring. The contact ranged from light shoulder-hip taps to as far as the participants wanted to take it. Throws were added after a bit, then we went on to full MMA mode.

I managed to restrain my language most of the time, that I will have to work on because there are kids around (Mommy, what's a fucktarded cock-jockey?). Most importantly everyone there seemed very open to any technique that seemed effective, and they were all aware of grappling and the importance of having skills in it.

It was a great bunch of guys and gals to roll with, I'll definitely be back. As long as I don't have to dance :D

Kempo Instructor

Posted On:
    8/17/2004 1:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the kind words. Mats? Is the floor too hard for your sensitive skin, I'm soooo sorry, Not even my kids complain about it. Phag. I focused on the stretching and conditioning because quite frankly we are wimps and need to toughen up. I do appreciate your language, This is one thing I cannot stand, mixing children and adults. I have been complaing about this for over a year now. The kids hold the adults back, can't keep up with us, and the adults intimidate the children as well as ending up babysitting them I hate it!! As far as forms, the boss said do it, so I do it, like it or not. I happen to not like them. Sun is what I call a sleeper. He does not look like much (no offense) but the kid has some skills. He faced one of my newer white belts who is about 6'4" ish and 200+ lbs. I thought the ambulance was on it's way when Sun turtled and was gasping for air. Just like his name the "art of war is the art of deception." He spun out of it and somehow ended up with an armbar. Not to NUTHUG but that was impressive. Nice presence of mind. I did not face Sun, this time. Too busy babysitting the younger ****-tard cock jockeys. Next time, Oh yes; there will be a next time... Sun was very humble and he is welcome to train with us anytime, Hell you can come over and F-my sister!

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2004 11:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I pulled the Sakuraba on him. Turtle, take an ass-beating, holy **** armbar out of no where!

Kempo Instructor

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 8:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't think that was it! This was just a friendly during regular business hours. The throwdown is still on for Sunday Sept 12 @ 1400 for you official types.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2004 4:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If you have one of these and don't mind going to the ghetto PM me cause I want to tape this ****.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/22/2004 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, quick question, what gear should we bring? Cup, mouthguard, gloves, shinpads, wrestling headgear, kevlar vests, full riot gear, hockey mask?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast