I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/30/2002 11:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Japan's Worst Crimefighters 2002

A bungled car chase in Yamaguchi Prefecture in January forewarned Japan of some of the less than impressive moments its crimefighters would go through during 2002. During the 90-minute chase, one police patrol car sank in a pond and another slammed into a crash barrier while the suspected thief they were chasing dumped his vehicle and escaped on foot. The cops did catch someone, but it turned out to be an innocent man who happened to be carrying a screwdriver.

Escapes became increasingly common as crime rates rose, arrest levels dropped and a constabulary once the envy of the world had some red-faced moments. One of them was caused by a 16-year-old girl who was so thin she managed to slip out of her handcuffs and through a bathroom window to prance around Nagasaki for hours while cops searched frantically for her. Even more brazen was the molester who squeezed a girl's breast on the second floor of a Hyogo Prefecture police station. Although she alerted officers, the groper still managed to escape.

With lawmen like these, it's little wonder, then, that the Hokkaido Prefectural Police enlisted the aid of a "Dad's Army" of retired officers -- some of them in their 80s -- to combat what was perceived as a threat from foreign hooligans visiting Japan for the World Cup. The laugh ended up being on the police, who were mobilized to unprecedented levels of strength for the soccer extravaganza in the expectation that foreigners would run riot, only for the World Cup to end with most crimes related to it having been committed by local Japanese.

Drunken cops caused their fair share of mayhem this year, too. Like the blotto sergeant carried home in a paddy wagon because his boss didn't want him to throw up in a taxi. He was at least more considerate than the tanked sergeant who smashed a window and fumbled around with the lock of a door to what he thought was his own home in Iwate Prefecture early on an April morning, only to learn that he had broken in on a couple who lived nowhere near his residence.

Still more cops left us wondering whose side they were really on, like the sergeant arrested for repeatedly making prank calls to a colleague and smashing his car windows, the senior officer who hit and kicked Tokyo commuters, the top cop who kicked a woman because she bumped into him, or the peeved policeman who persisted in peeing on a neighbor's front door because of squabbles over noise.

Perhaps we shouldn't be so hard on the police. After all, they've got a lot to do now, as one officer in Matsuyama would gladly attest to upon forgetting to press charges against a man he caught committing assault in 2000. "I was so busy with other work," the officer told his superiors, "that I completely forgot about it." (By Ryann Connell, Staff Writer, Dec. 30, 2002)

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 6:13am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Japanese police=stylists=Buffoons?"

What are you, Carl Lewis all of a sudden? That's one hell of a leap.

"A bungled car chase in Yamaguchi Prefecture in January forewarned Japan of some of the less than impressive moments its crimefighters would go through during 2002. During the 90-minute chase, one police patrol car sank in a pond and another slammed into a crash barrier while the suspected thief they were chasing dumped his vehicle and escaped on foot. The cops did catch someone, but it turned out to be an innocent man who happened to be carrying a screwdriver."

I guess them Daimyo boys managed to cross the Yamaguchi Prefecture line without the aid of the Admiral Tojo.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche
    "Nietzsche is dead." -God
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 6:38am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SCARS Stylists = insecure children = Buffoons?

Perhaps we could draw some spurious and illogical conclusions about the entire population of SCARS stylists, based on the behavior of one of their number (though, to be fair to the SCARS people, they've disavowed any knowledge of Kungfoolss or his activities on the web, stating flatly that no one online represents them).

Using the "logical" standards set here at McDojo.com by whatever-his-name, we can conclude the following about every SCARS practitioner everywhere:

1. SCARS stylists are always anonymous online and evade every direct question about their ages, the time they've spent in SCARS, their exact locations, their real names, and their skill levels.

2. SCARS stylists will avoid any and all opportunities to meet in real life the people whose skills and abilities they deride, for fear that their criticism will be shown to be empty. When pressed they will declare that their skills are so lethal that they cannot simply go about killing everyone who challenges them.

3. SCARS stylists are generally ignorant of almost every aspect of fighting, body positioning, physical mechanics, and any other aspect of the martial arts that does not come directly from the writing or videos of Jerry Petersen or Tim Larkin.

4. SCARS stylists enjoy writing in verbose, over-constructed prose laced with malaprops and misused terms, because they wish to be seen as intelligent and are in fact far less educated than they believe themselves to be.

5. SCARS stylists fancy themselves statisticians, psychoanalysts, "professionals," and lethal fighters, but are none of these things.

6. SCARS stylists respond to any and all criticism of their childish behavior and spurious logic by accusing their critics of being "afraid" -- either of the SCARS stylists themselves or of the Great Big Scary Truth those stylists bring to the hapless masses.

7. SCARS stylists are martial artists who like to pretend they are not martial artists, using a wondrous science we call "semantics."

8. SCARS stylists are all laughably arrogant children who speak of themselves in the third person, believe themselves to be the "scourges" of various populations and communities, and live in fear of being exposed as the insecure, terrified creatures their behavior demonstrates them to be.

There. By Kungfoolss' "logic" we have stated, beyond doubt, principles that can be applied globally and without error to all SCARS stylists everywhere. I'm glad we got that cleared up.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 10:41am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil, I think I love you.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/01/2003 1:32am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil unless your gay, just say NO!
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/02/2003 3:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Horny cop books woman, busts for a date

Compiled from Mainichi and wire reports, Nov. 29, 2002

OSAKA -- An Osaka police officer is in hot water after repeatedly threatening to storm the home of a female driver he pulled over if she did not go out with him, red-faced police admitted Friday. Documents will be shortly sent to prosecutors accusing the 29-year-old officer, who is posted at the Kaizuka Police Station in Osaka, of intimidation.

"I have done it many times while on duty," the officer, whose name is being withheld, reportedly admitted to investigators at the Osaka police's internal discipline office. Prefectural police spokesman Tsuyoshi Takahashi did not hide his anger. "It was an unforgivable act committed during the course of duty. We'll take the toughest possible action against him."

The disgraced officer pulled over a car driven by a woman in her 30s in Osaka on Sept. 12. He got the woman's name, address and her contact number before handing her a ticket and letting her go, police said. The 29-year-old officer started calling her from that day. "Will you go out with me? If you don't, I will have to break into your home!" She declined, but he made eight more similar phone calls to the woman before Nov. 8.

Terrified, the woman contacted the police saying that she had been threatened by a complete stranger. Police traced calls back to the Kaizuka officer's mobile phone. Investigators are currently collating evidence to back up his confession that he did the same to a number of women he picked up while on duty.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 9:48am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Author of Philosophy of Fighting: Morals and Motivations of the Modern Warrior Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fools, what does this have to do with martial arts? More importantly, when did you become a Japan-basher?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 9:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe the tenuous connection, according to 'foolss' curious and spurious logic, is that because they are Japanese police they are also martial artists, and everybody knows that martial artists are rapists who commit arson when they're not selling or taking drugs.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 11:58am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fools, what does this have to do with martial arts? More importantly, when did you become a Japan-basher?

It is common knowledge that martial arts training is an integral part of Japanese law enforcement.

How does the reporting of facts, constitute "Japan-bashing?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least until recently, rice was an integral part of Japanese law enforcement, too. Perhaps rice drove them to heights of incompetence and criminality.

Did you know white lab coats cause cancer in mice? I read it on the Internet. It's true, it's true!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast