Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, who's bashing that?

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 1:34am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >As long as the art reamins true, or the students truly learns the complete art

How is the art goint be UNTRUE?

How do you know if it is COMPLETE?

DP,

>full contact contests (Dojo arashi) were put up to see who was better

You mean DOJO YABURI and it was used to also to steal business. If Master X beats the crap out of Master Y then Master X is likely to draw more students and/or be appointed to a better station

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 1:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what i consider "untrue and incomplete" is what many of u will call a true McDojo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 1:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha sorry but Asia you seem to take some things way too seriously and literally! just sensing some hostility from ur comments...take it easy

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 1:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vargas,
    Here's the funny Force Recon story. When I was waiting for training to start in Somewhere, XX, I worked with a variety of soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors doing S-3 type stuff. One of them was this Force Recon guy, another was this idiot 71L (personnel clerk) who would take long lunches so he could go to the tanning booth and get his hair done. One day he's just talking and talking about how he can't wait to get his combat patch. He seriously wished there would be another war so that he could have the opportunity to be in a unit that might happen to exchange fire so that he could sew a combat patch onto his shoulder. Well, obviously this ticked those others of us off, especially Mister Force Recon.
    So he looks at the guy and says, "You don't want to go to war."
    The other guy says, "Why not?"
    "Because guys like you, they die."
    "What do you mean?" says the 71L.
    "It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, guys like you get killed right away.If you go to war, you will die"
    "What do you mean? How can you tell?"
    "I can just tell. *TheWastrel* here, he won't die. His kind don't get killed. You? You die."
    I can't really explain it to anyone but another serviceman, but that really meant a lot to me. I've carried that story with me like a charm, and I believe it. When my brother shipped off for Hurlburt, I told him the story-sort of like I was passing it on. I don't die. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't die. Neat.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Taking a break

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 6:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STOP THE INSANITY IF YOU ARE LEARNING MA YOU ARE LEARNING TO HURT SOMEONE NO AMOUNT OF BS IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT.
    Show me ONE MA that does not contain methods of bringing harm to another person. If you can then you stupid.
    Ahh... Me stupid. I say CDT. I know Tom Patire will give evidence in court saying that CDT cannot be used to harm people. Hahahaha.. You stupid for saying I is stupid. I cannot be stupid if I not get convicted of hurting someone. It only costs me $2000 per month. Who's the stupid one now?

"I think I banged my head"
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Taking a break

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 6:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I can just tell. *TheWastrel* here, he won't die. His kind don't get killed. You? You die."
    I can't really explain it to anyone but another serviceman, but that really meant a lot to me. I've carried that story with me like a charm, and I believe it. When my brother shipped off for Hurlburt, I told him the story-sort of like I was passing it on. I don't die. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't die. Neat.
    He means you're not a red jersey.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 9:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehe... Don't break my charm Sam.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2002 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia- You`re right dude. Yaburi is an unannounced challenge to whip the **** out of the instructor and/or students to prove who is stronger.

Arashi is barging into the school and kicking their asses just ot disturb and harass them, not to prove who is better.

A.K.A MEAT

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 10:27pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel,

Yeah, some guys, especially REMFs, get eaten up with a desire to go out and get a patch on their right shoulder. At my last deployment, I enjoyed watching the non-mission hacking types avoid the Sgt Major. Al Lamb (the Sgt Maj.) had a 1/75th Ranger scroll on his right shoulder (and just about every other badge in the Army on his DCUs). I asked one of the SF guys where he got it. The guy replied, "Well, it was either Panama, Iraq or Somali. He fought in all three dust-ups as a Ranger platoon sergeant , so take your pick." Good to see the Force Recon guy hated pogues as much as I do. REMFs. Fehh.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123