Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/06/2004 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pride: Final Conflict Picks

On August 26th Pride will officially crown a tournament champion as well as host at least 4 other match-ups. Many people are anticipating a finale where Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira faces off against Fedor Emelianenko in a long awaited rematch. The tournament matches so far:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira VS Sergei Kharitonov

Nog has been on a roll for quite some time. He's big, tough and has TREMENDOUS heart. Any doubt about that and you should check out Nogueira vs Sapp and your doubts will instantly disappear. Not many people can face a steroided freakaziod who slams you on your head and not only win but SUBMIT the big baztard. The only time Nog has looked bad was against Ricco "Flubber" Rodriguez who was content to lay on him like the fat blibber that he is and pray for the judges to see things his way. Luckily for all of us Pride doesn;t reward fat bastards whos main skill is to eat at Wendy's and then bellyflop someone.

Sergei Kharitonov is thus far undefeated and holds wins over big names like Semmy Schilt and Murillo Rua. He has 2 wins over Pride Sucks(tm) via submission but his striking is the thing to watch here folks. He had a TKO over that big doofy looking Semmy Schilt and a KO over Rua. If he can hit Nog he'll hurt him.

Personally I think Nog will wrap him up and be a little too much for Kharitonov on the ground.

Nog by submission

Fedor Emelianenko VS Naoya Ogawa

Here we go! In classic PRIDE STYLE you have a proven fighter in Fedor facing off against a suck who only got into the most prestigious tournament in the world because he's Japanese. While Nog is facing a guy with solid wins Fedor, who many consider the toughest opponent in the world to face, will get this meat thrown at him to devour. Ogawa is also undefeated although he's fought a hell of alot SHIITIER competition. If you look at his record you may be tempted to believe he has a snowball's chance in HELL of submitting Fedor when in actuality his chance for submission is BELOW zero.

Fedor will take him down and BRUTALIZE him from within the guard setting up the final that everyone's been waiting for.

Single Fights

Kevin Randleman VS Ron Waterman

After banging his head up in a car accident Kevin Randleman went on to kiss Prides ass by THROWING a fight to Suckuraba and thus earning himself a spot against Mirko Cro-Cop. Pride looks after their workers. How Randleman ever passes a steroid test I'll never know; he's pumping more **** into him than a Hummer at Exxon.

I predict a BLOATED and INFLATED Randleman will Steroid his was over Waterman in 1 round.

Wanderlei Silva VS Yuki Kondo

Ah! Silva's BACK to smear another Japanese suck ass into the Pride canvas! How enjoyable! Watching Wanderlei brutalize hapless Japanese tomato cans has become somewhat of a national pastime in Japan. But the Japs aren't anything if they aren't persistent. You might be tempted to dismiss Kondo as a completely worthless fighter based on the fact that he's Japanese but Konda can actually fight! He may last a round before Silva turns up the heat and gives him permanent brain damage. Kondo is a good fighter but he doesn't have the tools to withstand the absolute BEATING he;s going to get at the hands of the most feared LW in the world, Wanderlei Silva.

Silva in round 1.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic VS Aleksander Emelianenko

This fight should be pretty good. Aleksander Emelianenko isn't his brother but he has this scary ass Nazi look to him. You can just imagine him in a dimly lit room waiting to beat some poor reporter senseless on a whim of the Gestapo. Pale ass skin, fucking weird as **** tattoos low forehead and narrow eyes....a scary bastard all around. His opponents have thus far been less than stellar but he's at least proved he can fight somewhat. Mirko is a beast. He fucks people up very fast and very brutally. Plus he's PISSED that Kevin Roidleman knocked him out! He cant WAIT to knock the **** out of someone and get all that anger out. Cro Cop should win this by strikes in round 2.

Murilo Bustamante VS Kazuhiro Nakamura

Yep.....another Japanese. This one actually looks ok though believe it or not. His record doesn't show it but coming from the Yocheata Dojo he's got good grappling skills and very fast takedowns. He'll need it against Murrillo Bistamante who had some bad luck against Dan "I cant get a good fight" Henderson, getting knocked out VERY fast. Bustamante is a very solid grappler and I think Nakamura's style is going to play right into his hands here.

Bustamante by judges nod.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira VS Fedor Emelianenko

This is the fight many MMA fans have been waiting for all year long. Everyone knew they had to meet up again sooner or later, and with the horrible competition they both face in the earlier rounds Pride has almost guaranteed this fight will take place.

Fedor is a beast. He big, tough and knows how to control a person on the ground while delivering MASSIVE punishment. Nog is a master technician who has proven he can submit anyone given the opportunity. This one will come down to who makes the other play outside of his game. I think that Fedor got it much easier the first fight than he will this time. Nog has studied Fedors tactics and will try and use his guard more effectively to both close the space for Fedor's punishing blows and open up submission attempts for himself. Fedor will look to try and contain Nog on the ground while pounding away and not giving up to many openings.

My prediction: Nog is a technical marvel but Fedor's style is easier to win with. Fedor by decision.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2004 10:00pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The predictions for Pride Final Conflict are open!

We are using a new software that we've created. It only takes 2mn to do your predictions, you'll be able to choose the winner, which method and which round.

At the end of the event, the software calculates the results and gives us the scores of everybody. We will put up on the main page the best and the worst preditions.

we'll also have a championship with gifts from Japan for the winners in the future.

Give it a try: www.kakuto.com

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/06/2004 10:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do I win if I predict Randleman has a steroid seizure in the middle of the ring?

Those cute little Pride ring girls must take one look at Roidlemans tool and fall over in a faint. Not exactly what they're used to over there.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    8/07/2004 11:56am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My picks:

Nog over Kharitonov by decision.
    Fedor over Ogawa by tko round 1.
    Randleman over Waterman by tko round 1.
    Silva over Kondo by knockout round 2.
    Alexsandre Emelianenko over Crocop by tko round 1.
    Nakamura over Bustamante by decision.
    Fedor over Nog by decision.

If the finals is Fedor versus Kharitonov then I say Fedor by tko round 2.
    If it's Nog versus Ogawa I say Nog by submission round 2.
    If it's Kharitonov versus Ogawa I say Kharitonov by knockout round 1.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    8/07/2004 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ogawa is HORRIBLE.No stand-up, no shot.
    He will be Koed by Fedor in seconds.
    Mino has a tough opponant in Karitonov, anmd it will be a gureling, and probably long match.
    In giving a japanese tomato can a walk to the finals Pride has pretty much ruined the finals.

Mino will PROBABLY beat karitonov.But there ain;t no way the winner has much of a shot vs a rested and uninjured Fedor.
    Fedor will win.And it will prove little.
    I'll STILL want to see him vs a fresh Mino.Even after he destroys the beat up and tired one.

Posted On:
    8/07/2004 9:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nog came back to beat CroCop after eating an Ethnic Cleanser*. I know it was at the end of the round and time was a factor in him doding the ref stoppage, but if that didn't put him out for a month than no amount of striking is going to KO that guy. Nogueira to win the whole thing.
    Yes, even Darth Fedor.

The Wanderlei fight is also good news. I wish he'd fight more. However since a Belfort or Tito rematch is not going to happen, I really wonder who he's supposed to fight? Is he tall enough to go up to Heavy?

*Real tasteful, Mirko :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 8/07/2004 9:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2004 2:43pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Sakuraba, Quinton Jackson, Yoshida and all those others guys were a part of the tournament too?

Or were those just single matchups in the last tournament?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2004 6:39pm

Style: Sombo, Judo, San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only differences of opinion I have (and by a slim margin) are with Bustamante by decision and possibly Waterman by boring decision over Randleman.

If Waterman can dictate the early part of the fight, Kevin will get frustrated and screw up. The outcome of this fight is tied to Kevin's mental state prior to and H2O's training for this fight.

I don't know where Kevin's at mentally and we can probably tell by the look on his face that night if he will win. This fight is really his to lose.

Waterman's sparring partners are a mistery.
    I have no idea who he's training with for this fight or what he's been working on. If you've seen Ron's fights before, you know there probably won't be any surprises from him.
    (Picture him doing a flying kick to open the fight - won't happen.)

Kharitonov is the only real wildcard in the mix.

I don't think anyone will be too shocked if the fight goes one way or the other.

I really don't feel certain on the outcome of any of the fights (except Ogawa going down early).

Credit Pride for putting together what looks like the best night in MMA history, so far.

Originally posted by mikus
    My picks:

Nog over Kharitonov by decision.
    Fedor over Ogawa by tko round 1.
    Randleman over Waterman by tko round 1.
    Silva over Kondo by knockout round 2.
    Alexsandre Emelianenko over Crocop by tko round 1.
    Nakamura over Bustamante by decision.
    Fedor over Nog by decision.

If the finals is Fedor versus Kharitonov then I say Fedor by tko round 2.
    If it's Nog versus Ogawa I say Nog by submission round 2.
    If it's Kharitonov versus Ogawa I say Kharitonov by knockout round 1.

Posted On:
    8/10/2004 7:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God almighty Pride kicks ass!

What's this baloney about Randleman throwing that fight to Sakuraba back when? I've seen the fight (got it on VHS). I think Sakuraba rocks; he took several Gracies to school, dislocated one of 'em's elbow (was that Renzo?), and worked Randleman pretty thoroughly too.

While dressed as Super Mario to boot.

Face it PD, you are intimidated by his magic mushroom, aren't you?
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2004 11:55am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to Sherdog, Kondo is a 2nd Dan in Shorinji Kempo and has trained in Western Boxing. That means he'll be combining the punches of sweet science with Shorinji-inspired fireballs and such. Kondo by TKO in the second.
    Last edited by albert; 8/12/2004 1:32pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast