228204 Bullies, 4778 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tae Kwon Do bully jailed, TKD has chokes?

Martial arts bully jailed

TONY BLAIS, COURT BUREAU

Taking a kidnapped ex-girlfriend on a "terrifying ride" and choking her with his hands and legs in front of police has landed a "very dangerous" martial artist behind bars. Alfie Betker, 24, was yesterday sentenced to nine months in jail followed by two years probation after earlier pleading guilty to unlawful confinement, overcoming resistance by choking, and assault.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Eric Macklin rejected a defence bid for a conditional sentence served in the community because of the potential risk of re-offending.

"I am satisfied that Mr. Betker's demonstrated knowledge and experience in the area of martial arts render him a very dangerous individual when he loses his self-control."

Macklin also said he was concerned because Betker, a black belt in taekwondo, had ignored police orders to stay away from Elaine Fung, 21, and continued to choke her despite the efforts of three police officers to restrain him.

"Mr. Betker appears not to have been dissuaded from his actions by the prospect of criminal charges, public disapproval (his most vicious acts occurred in public), nor harm to himself," said Macklin. "When it became impossible for him to achieve his objective with his arms, he attempted to use his legs to strangle Ms. Fung."

Outside court, Fung said she was pleased Betker was jailed, but said she still fears he may attack her again.

Court heard Betker and Fung dated for 10 months, but it ended because he was possessive and controlling.

On Dec. 15, 2002, Betker assaulted Fung by shaking her in his car after pleading with her to reunite. Then he began calling and showing up unwanted at her apartment.

On Jan. 29, 2003, Betker went to her suite, took her dog and told her he would have her sister killed if she didn't get into his car. While driving, he told her her life was his and she was to propose to him by Valentine's Day. He also said he would kill her family if she did not comply.

She fled the moving car and ran into a 7-Eleven store to call police. Betker hung up the phone and threatened to kill her mom if she didn't get back in the car. However, the cops arrived and as three officers tried to arrest him, Betker choked Fung, first with an arm and then with his legs, before he was finally brought under control.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Edmont...24/512031.html

---------
    Damn, these three officers need some more training. And strength training too.

And I want to see these weird ass chokes, one arm? Then legs? Did he train only in TKD?

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 10:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He must have cross trained in some other art.
  3. TKDPWNSJ00!!!11

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, THATS GREAT!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 11:49am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha this is story is from my home town. I wonder if I seen this guy at tourny's

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 1:22pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD does can teach chokes. They do some basics at my school anyway. It's classed in the syllabus as self defense.

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 1:51pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if they were draging her off and while struggling like a bitch tried to choke,/kick with whatever he could get her with. Happnes at my job a lot and none of them have martial training.
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Unemployed

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well he apparently had problems effectively choking her so he obviously really does study TKD.
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 2:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by antman
    I wonder if they were draging her off and while struggling like a bitch tried to choke,/kick with whatever he could get her with. Happnes at my job a lot and none of them have martial training.
    You work at McDonalds ?

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 2:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he did some judo or something. Choking with legs = triangle?
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 3:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I was picturing 1 cop grabbing the girl trying to pull them apart, with two other officers grabbing the other guy with the suspect's leg vainly squeezing her neck in an effort to no be part by the efforts of the law enforcement personal.

Nevermind me.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast