Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 4:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you really mean to say, "Stop exposing wrong doing in the stylistic arts, you're making us look bad!"
    Theres a difference between wrongdoing in the stylistic arts and wrongdoings by members of the general public who happen to fall into the group who comprise MArtists. Everything you've posted so far seems to say "Person X is a bad/stupid person, and incidently, he does a martial art". What I'm waiting for is for you to post a story that says "Person Y is a bad/stupid person because he learnt a martial art, and there is proof that he was a nice well adjusted guy before he learnt his MA".
    Please tell me you recognise the difference and that all your posts fall into the first category.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Titan

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 5:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see an article about a SCARS practisioner involved in a crime, surley that would mean everyone involved with SCARS is a criminal ??

----------------------------------------------------------
    ”He (Master Bristol) was like a slippery fish. There was no way I could hold on to him.” -- Tomas Shurrman, Judo Expert
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 9:03am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fundamental dishonesty of 'foolss' stock replies to criticism of his articles, of course, is that he denies the implications he attempts to make even as he continues making them.

If another poster pastes an article about wrongdoing committed by someone in the martial arts community, responses will vary from "that's terrible" to "let's find the guy who did it and make him pay for his crime." That is not the issue. Most adults understand that news reports about specific individuals, even many reports, do not constitute a supportable and cogent argument in support of the notion that all martial artists are miscreants and evildoers.

No, the problem is with 'foolss himself (herself? itself?). As pasting these articles -- often years out of date -- is virtually the only activity in which he engages here (when he is not playing the role of SCARS apologist), and as he has stated numerous times at his own forum that he believes that all martial arts and martial artists are evil, each post he makes in this regard is intended as an indictment. His pasting of the articles thus is meant to constitute "proof," as he sees it, for his sad and Quixotic campaign against all other arts, as with few exceptions all other arts are more reputable and more "legitimate" than the martial art he has adopted as his own (and which, of course, he will insist is not a martial art, as he desperately needs to believe he is somehow superior to practitioners of all other styles).

When people react negatively to 'foolss' posts, it is because they see through the facade; they understand and reject as spurious logic the implication and the conclusion he is trying to make. 'foolss' only response to such criticism is to accuse others of being either insecure or afraid. 'foolss is, I am sure, an expert on both insecurity...

http://www.philelmore.com/profiling/insecure.htm

...and on something we call "NPD," a disorder that manifests itself in his online behavior.

--------------------------------------------
    Do Martial Poseurs Suffer From NPD?

http://www.philelmore.com/profiling/npd.htm

"...So yes, in their minds, you Phil are an evil, evil person. A person with NPD has a World that revolves around themselves, and as such, they believe everyone else should revolve around them too. I know you're a fan of rational egoism, well this would irrational egoism. When John Nash proposed the Nash Equilibrium, one of the key parts was that acting in self-interest meant taking your own consideration and other people's as well into consideration. Unfortunately, in irrational egoism seen in NPD, the person doesn't consider other people, so they actually act against their self-interest by being so self-centered. C'est la vie.

"Also, when speaking of people who are unskilled and unaware of it, my favorite piece of research is this:

"'People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains....This overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it.'"

--------------------------------------------

As I indicated in my post, "Exposing the Evils of Dental Stylistry," you can find a nearly limitless supply of news articles in which people of every profession commit crimes. You could choose to focus on dentists, or on martial artists, or on doctors, or on lawyers, or on janitors. It hardly matters. Most rational people, free of the psychological burdens imposed on them by both a deep insecurity and a profound immaturity, understand this.

You are unlikely to find a news article online in which a SCARS practitioner has committed a crime, for the same reason you are unlikely to find a news article online in which a professional rodeo clown is beaten to death with a frozen salmon and his grandparents are held as suspects in the crime. This is because there are precious few SCARS practitioners out there, just as there are precious few frozen-salmon-bludgeoned, grandparents-hating professional rodeo clowns compared to the general population. There are, however, millions of practitioners of various martial arts in the world.

Edited by - Sharp Phil on January 03 2003 08:04:58

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 12:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I'm waiting for is for you to post a story that says "Person Y is a bad/stupid person because he learnt a martial art, and there is proof that he was a nice well adjusted guy before he learnt his MA".
    What would make you assume that this is my area of interest or study?

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 12:07pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Sam, what's wrong with you? Just because someone posts obsessively about a single topic to the exclusion of all else does not mean he's interested in that topic.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 5:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silly me.

Kungfools - will you answer the question? Please tell me you recognise the difference and that all your posts fall into the first category?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 6:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OG"S

The worst of all these things lie in what has happen in 2002 in Florida, NY & NJ where these martial art-MASTERS where caught messing with kids and I mean the little OG's. That is what gives the real G's the bad press.

My honey tree will not send her rug rat to any MA schools because of slim that hides behind the rank.

I know this site gets the breeze in exposing Fraud but we need to get the word out on thess low lives.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/05/2003 12:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karate teacher fined €1,900 over vicious assault

A KARATE instructor has been fined €1,900 and given a suspended sentence by Dublin Circuit Criminal Court for his role in an assault in which the victim's nose was bitten off. Noel Bergin (29), St Mark's Drive, Clondalkin, pleaded guilty to assaulting the victim on November 19, 1999 near the Red Cow Inn on the Naas Road. Feargal Kavanagh BL, prosecuting, declined to pursue a more serious charge relating to the nose-biting incident on the same occasion. Bergin's guilty plea to assault arose after a jury had been sworn in for his trial on this issue.

Mr Kavanagh said two other men, brothers, had been charged with the same offences and he agreed it was still unclear which one of the three had bitten the victim's nose. Mr Kavanagh said this disputed issue was to be covered during the trial but the State was satisfied with Bergin's plea as the other two men involved had already been fined €1,900 each and been given similar 18-month suspended sentences by the court. Sgt Patrick Prendergast said the incident which led to the fight that ended in the bitten off nose began at a 21st birthday party at the Red Cow Inn in Clondalkin. Bergin and his co-accused left the Red Cow Inn after an initial fight in which Bergin was uninvolved planning to get a taxi. When they failed to flag one down, they walked back toward the Inn, where they met the other two brothers.

Sgt Prendergast said another fight ensued and it was unclear who assaulted whom. During garda interviews, after he was arrested a week later, Bergin admitted to bruising the victim's face, but denied he had bitten his nose. Judge Frank O'Donnell described the incident as "gratuitous violence which very often leads to disaster." However, he had no option but to treat Bergin in the same way as his two co-accused had been treated.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/05/2003 6:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very nice. You still haven't answered my question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2003 7:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and he never will.

the world you live in is just a sugar coated toping. beneath it is another world. The real world. and to survive there you must learn to pull the trigger!!!-Blade
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast