Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/09/2004 1:00pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um allright I'l go read the history thread...

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    8/11/2004 8:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the formation of the WTF a good majority (since WTF is most widespread now) of TKD schools had to standardize to whatever the Kukkiwon wanted. Which resulted in the craptacular style of TKD today. If there were any throws or grappling the kukkiwon probably fukked them in the ass and threw it out the window.

Posted On:
    8/19/2004 7:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About TKD grappling.

WTF has no grappling unless you call grappling clinching your opponent and wait for the referee stoppage.

However, some instructors (especially the korean ones, in my personal experience) have some background in Yudo (Korean Judo) and/or ssyrum (folkstyle korean wrestling), but these techniques are not in the WTF TKD curriculum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2004 5:56pm

Style: "Unknown"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont know man

Middleweight

2 hours from the beach, 4 from the mountains

Posted On:
    8/27/2004 8:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank You... now please **** off and die. Note this is not the standard Bullshido STFU N00b... I really want you to **** off and die.
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/28/2004 12:03am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's so mysterious the way aZnInVaZn or ChEcHwReCk or however he chooses to embarass himself lists his style as "Unknown". WE SHOULD CALL HIM MR. X AND MAKE HIS AVATAR A BIG QUESTION MARK.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    8/28/2004 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're telling me that this idiot is a theme troll? He looks to be a few steps father down the internet evolutionary ladder.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 2:30pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard TKD referred to as Korean Karate before...but that was on the internet...we all know the internet's true purpose; destruction through misinformation!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/03/2004 3:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When TKD first hit US, Korean karate was probably the best way to describe it was that was exactly what is was. The Korean version of karate. Plus, karate was more of a house hold name than taekwondo back in the 60's so it was easier to advertise you were a Korean karate school and get students than it was to advertise Korean TKD school.

Plus that term was also popular due to Sun Duk Son's book Korean Karate, which, I believe was the first English writtent book on Taekwondo offered in the US. So it is not misinformation that you are reading, you were just misinformed to begin with.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 7:09am

Style: Hapkido, Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekwondo, or Tae Soo Do as it was called by the masters from the beginning, mainly concists of three styles. Subahk Do, Taekyon and Shotokan karate. Subahk Do and Taekyon were spread to the people in the three kingdoms of Korea by the Hwarang warrior´s... Therefore, you can say that Taekwondo has it´s origins in Hwarang Do...
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast