Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 7:21am

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wal-Mart generally treat their employees like dirt anyways and they do not have to worry about extra costs such as health benefits because once an employee is broken by injury they can get another sucker in a tight job market.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't worry, in another 10 years Wal- Mart will own our souls.

you should see what Walton's dream has done to the town where it started.

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 9:34am

Style: Beverly Hills Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by kismasher
    you should see what Walton's dream has done to the town where it started.
    I'm interested in more details.

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 9:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, how much would you pay an unskilled worker ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 9:46am

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About as much as a skilled worker who could not find a job in his/her chosen field.

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 9:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ???

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I worked at wal-mart pushing buggies for 2 months when i was in high school.

wage - $7.25 hr.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is my take on Wal-Mart:

The scourge of mankind that is Wal-Mart doesnít do much to hide their evil nature. This is easily seen due to their star in their name. The 5 pointed star has always been a sign of the Beast. Typically itís flipped upside down, but this would make it too obvious. In the Bible it says that the beast will aid the antichrist in the destruction of mankind. It also says that humans will have to take the mark of the beast in order to get food, clothing, etc. Wal-Mart already has food and clothing in their inventory. And they already have begun to monopolize the retail industry. It is my belief that soon every one is going to have to have a card or some other sign (mark of the Beast) in order to shop at this store of Babylon. Every other retail chain, over the years will succumb to the awesome evil power that is Wal-Mart. They are going to get so big that you WILL HAVE to shop there, or starve. Now, after accepting the mark of the Beast, you will already have earned yourself a nice warm spot in HELL. Itís too badÖ.cause you probably never saw it coming. Now as I mentioned earlier, Wal-Mart aids the antichrist. Who this antichrist is, I havenít figured it out yet. But we all know that money is power, and Wal-Mart grosses in billions per year. This money that everyone gives them is funding the Antichrist, one microwave, and DVD at a time. Itís not going to be too far long before they start buying up power and positions of control (I think this has already happened). Maybe even weapons of mass destruction. Who knows for sure? But one thing is certainÖ.the end is near. And Wal-Mart will be the one to bring us there.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 5:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you just prophesize the apocolypse? I swear to God I just read a 6 page long thread about Chi being vibrations and now your ass is prophesizing the end of the world.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.rense.com/general33/walmartbabycribtoy.htm

Spreading messages of hate:

'I Hate You': Vancouver family finds surprising message in baby's toy

Saturday, January 11, 2003
    By MARGARET ELLIS, Columbian staff writer
    http://www.columbian.com/01112003/front_pa/1253.html

Blanche Skelton was feeding her baby when she heard something besides the soothing sound of ocean waves coming from a toy attached to the crib.

It was saying, "I hate you."

After asking her husband, her parents-in-law, and everyone else in the home east of Hazel Dell, they were convinced. The toy was definitely, albeit quietly, saying "I hate you."

Blanche's 6-month-old son, Alex, got the toy as a Christmas present. It makes soothing sounds and music for baby to fall asleep to, with an illuminated picture of a cartoon-style aquarium on the front.

But in between the white noise of ocean waves, a tiny babyish voice pipes up with childhood angst.

Made in China, the toy was sold by Wal-Mart and carries the Kid Connection brand, which is a store brand.

Blanche and her husband, Steve, said they went to the Wal-Mart store Thursday and listened to two other aquarium toys like theirs. Sure enough, there was that creepy voice.

The couple talked to a manager, who scoffed until another employee blurted out that he heard it, too.

Then the manager pledged to get the toy off the shelves, and offered the family a refund, Blanche said. By Friday, the toys were gone from the shelves at the Hazel Dell store.

But the Skeltons would rather get the word out to other families who may have bought the toy.

"How many kids are lying in their crib listening to that?" asked Gary Skelton, Blanche's father-in-law.

Still the family is more bemused than distressed by the toy. Gary Skelton pointed to a smiling Alex scooting across the carpet. If Alex could talk, Skelton joked, "He says, 'Yep, I'm the victim.'"

Karen Burk, a Wal-Mart spokeswoman at the company's Arkansas headquarters, said she'd never heard anyone else complain about the toy.

"This is the first time I've heard of this problem," she said. "I have relayed this information to our merchandise team. They do not have any of the product on their shelves. As always, we are always sorry that a customer is not happy with a product they purchased at our stores and we encourage the customer to come back for a full refund."

But the Skeltons don't really want to take the toy back.

"We'll keep it around for novelty, I guess," said Gary Skelton. "Just don't hang it over the crib is all."
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast