Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, gee! cool!

"If attacked fight, and fight to kill"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all you fockers who are cauht up in this soap opera are stupid. most of you are little boys who decide that things are getting to hot for you so you run crying to your mommys. just do the smart thing and leave this site

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have never cried or RATTED anybody out.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 1:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Letter to Sensei, (just thought i'd interject something that has SOMETHING to do with learning martial arts in here for fun)

OSU, Sosai:

Oyama Sensei writes in one of your books, "Hiden Kyokushin Karate," about Kotaro Yoshida Sensei. I have read it with a great enthusiasm, but I wonder if you can tell us more about Yoshida Sensei.

Masutatsu Oyama's Reply

Kotaro Yoshida Sensei is a Shihan of Shiragi Saburo Takeda Ryu style of Yawara, and he was also an Ani Deshi under Morihei Ueshiba Sensei, the founder of Aikido. And he himself has started the style called Daito Ryu Aiki Bujutsu. It was about two years that I've had personally acquainted with Sensei, and after that was only through the correspondence, so I don't know too many things about him.

People who are called Masters are such that they do extraordinary trainings, and Yoshida Sensei was one of them. He was able to catch a fly with a pair of chopsticks, but in order to reach that kind of level takes a very long time of training.

Sensei used to always wear the traditional kimono and had his long hair fallen straight. He also held a Tessen. When he used to come over to my house, he always yelled, "Tanomoh, Tanomoh" (a traditional way of saying "excuse me") at our entrance. And with a loud voice, he says, "Is Mr.Oyama resident?". Even when he sits down he held his Tessen vertically with his arm stood up. I still remember how his collar of kimono was always shining bright. These were about 30 years ago, and when he held my daughter as he says she is his granddaughter, she got scared and started to cry.

He was such a superb Sensei. I was taught from Sensei the reverse locks and joint techniques. Also I learned such techniques as women's self defence using a parasol, Jo jutsu and Bo jutsu. These were important elements for me to complete my own Karate.

Oyama executing a technique (missing pic)
    of Aiki Jiujitsu Sensei had bestowed me Menkyo Kaiden. Although at that time I felt it was useless to receive something of that sort, however, this is the only thing that I can now prove my acquaitance with Yoshida Sensei.

In 1962 he sent me a long letter, and we've met together again, as he passed away shortly after. In this letter he states his own beliefs about the meaning and essence of becoming a Master of an art. It was a letter that I can really tell from the heart the amount of concern he had about reaching a level of mastery. I don't forget to this day how much I was moved and inspired from this letter. The moment when I heard of his death, I was realized and awakened that the letter actually had a meaning of entrusting me, as one of Bujin, the Japanese Budo to the future of the world.

As I remember of Sensei, I feel the tense as having given a fateful mission, to bring the Budo and Bushido of Japan up to a higher level, and to spread all over Japan and even to the world.

JAPANESE TERMS:

Shihan = The official title as an instructor of an art.
    Yawara = The word meaning soft. Another name for Jiujitsu.
    Ani Deshi = Senior Disciple, as "ani" meaning big brother, and "deshi" meaning disciple.
    Daito Ryu Aiki Budo = Note that this style is not the same as Daito Ryu Aiki Jiujutsu of Sokaku Takeda, although it is definitely derived from Takeda's style.
    kimono = A general term for traditional Japanese clothes.
    tessen = An iron fan.
    Jo jutsu = The Martial Art of using short staff.
    Bo jutsu = The Martial Art of using long staff.
    Menkyo Kaiden = The traditional, official certification of completing an art.
    Bujin = A man of "Bu". A warrior, a Martial Artist.

Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 2:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice cut & paste!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are wellcome.

Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    1/03/2003 2:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i didnt thank you- dope

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123