222071 Bullies, 4061 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

SLC, ut (one day, years from now, a doctor will tell me i have an iq of 45, and am what some people may call, mentally retarded

Posted On:
    8/03/2004 4:41am

Style: muay thai fma/jkd shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Built upper chest muscles

Since I've lost a great deal of weight, I''ve noticed I'm becoming rather gaunt in the upper pectoral, neck region, especially over the clavicals.
    What would be some good exercises and weight lifting methods to remedy this...decline bench, pull ups, and perhaps some triangle-tricep push-ups?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2004 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :confused:

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/03/2004 1:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 5:14pm

Style: Shen Ku master

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummm... there are no upper pecs. There's a clavicular head (commonly called upper pecs) and a sternal head (which does not mean lower pecs). If you are doing flat bench, that stimulates your "lower" pects just fine. Decline is teh ghey. Dips (if you continue beyond decline), asside from working your triceps and shoulders) work your pectoralis minor, which is to the side of your pecs and to my knowledge underneath your other two muscles. So basically, the more you decline the less pecs I think you're going to use. For the most part the shape of your pectoral muscles (or any muscle for that matter) is genetically pre-determined. Mostly what you will change through exercises is the size of them. Inner pecs, outter pecs, upper, lower... it's pretty futile to try to work these areas because for the most part: you can't.

Why do you give a **** what your titties look like anyways?

Posted On:
    8/05/2004 2:39pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's the upper part of your chest and across to your shoulders I would suggest incline bench not decline.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

SLC, ut (one day, years from now, a doctor will tell me i have an iq of 45, and am what some people may call, mentally retarded

Posted On:
    8/05/2004 2:47pm

Style: muay thai fma/jkd shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    would a military press, or a tricep press work as well as the incline bench?

Posted On:
    8/05/2004 3:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Military hits more of the deltoid and trapezius area. The muscles on your outer shoulders and that run from shoulder to the back of your neck. Tricep press works your triceps, the back of the arm. Incline press and incline flies are your best bet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2004 3:00pm

Style: Aikido/Ground and pound

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by ~$G$~
    would a military press, or a tricep press work as well as the incline bench?
    Actually, you are pretty close.

I have made significant improvements in my upper pectoral development by doing a variation of military presses.

I get in the smith rack sitting on a bench with a mid back support. Instead of keeping you torso perpendicular as you would with military presses, slide your butt forward on the bench about 4 inches or so. Then arch your back a little against the back support of the bench. Bring the bar down to just under your clavicle. Experiment around a little with your grip width and the angle of your torso.

I would recommend in all of your chest pressing movements to arch your spine a little bit-seems to put more of the load on the pecs as compared to the delts and tri's.

I have done all of my chest pressing exercises in this fashion for 10 years or so, and IMO my chest is my best bodypart. I never feel any of my chest training in my delts or triceps.
    Hope this helps.

Posted On:
    8/05/2004 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking he meant behind the neck military press. But yes doing this on the smith machine would hit that area as well. Be careful though, if you angle incorrectly the machine weight will not move to compensate. I got a nasty case of tendonitis from pressing on a smith machine.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    8/05/2004 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The more weight you use the more of your chest gets involved.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast