Posted On:
    7/31/2004 1:41am

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Everybody Knows

Originally posted by edward
    Everybody knows the Chinese cheat.

They mess with the weight classes, they fight with different rules (like they said above, the Kyokushin guys aren't used to grappling), etc.

The judges are all CHINESE.

What I told the wushu guy was: "You know, those Sanda guys might be good, but you don't teach fighting."

He looked at me a little funny. "Well, where are your students sparring? Do they spar?"

There was nothing he could say. He just put the paper away, and that was the end of the conversation.
    Okay,they might have cheated with the weights,but out of the 5 wins 3 are TKO,cant cheat with that right?

Judges-wise you can say the same for Thailand.

Anyway nice bashing of Wushu jokers~~~
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 1:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Hannibal
    * Hannibal kicks over the table*
    *and Hannibal spills the table's coffee onto himself,scalding his skin*

Actually it depends on the fighters. That articel gives me the shits for so many reasons.
    Actually the guy who wrote that article is a nidan in kyokushin karate(IKO1)~~~

Firstly. Alot of Kyokushin guys do know how to grapple - they cross train in Judo. But we don't grapple in our tournaments because we want to keep it strictly striking.
    Okay,i heard from Royama interview that he wants kyokushin to keep its striking favour and not become kyokushin judo......
    Anyway which sect of kyokushin karate are you training under?

Secondly. Don't bring up the 'Kyokushin guys do not know how to punch to the face' argument. It is plain crap and the reason we don't punch to the head has been discussed before.

Said before,bare-knuckles,ouch.

Thirdly. So a handful if Kyokushin guys lost in a tournamnet. BIG - FUCKING - DEAL. In the world of martial arts people win and lose all the time, even the best are beaten. Kyokushin is still THE strongest karate because our fighting and harsh training is unmatched by any other (except Muay Thai). You give me 10 random kung fu guys against 10 random Kyokushin guys and I'm telling you Kyokushin will win 11 times out of 10.

"Kyokushin is still THE strongest karate".......kyokushin karate as in including its offshoots,maybe yes,otherwise no.
    And you have problem wif maths?

I love this Kung Fu guys paying US out. Yeah right, I'm sure. Kung Fu's a reliable system, ITTS'S never been beaten by fighters from any other arts. They should have a look at the **** in their own backyards before judging others.
    Sanda specifically,though if i am not wrong professional sanda players got trashed by amatuer HK MT boxers while fighting under MT rules~~~

ANd whats this bullshit about progress in the stand up fighting world ? What fucking progress ?
    Sanda evolution

We have modified our punching and kicking. A punch to the head is a punch to the head and a good kick to the body is a good kick to the body no matter what style your trained in. After that it all comes down to the talent of the individual and training of the athlete. If those guys won because of their grappling abilities, thats one thing, but we all have 2 arms and 2 legs. There are only so many different ways you can punch and kick someone. Everything that can be done in striking HAS been done, unless someone grows another arm or leg.
    True...............
    Hannibal is a Kyokushin nutrider~~~
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 1:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Sanda is NOT Kung Fu

Originally posted by edward
    Sanda is NOT kung fu.

Sanda has nothing to do with 'Kung fu'.

If you take any of the major systems of China, Sanda is closer to kickboxing with some grappling (shuai chiao) thrown in.

Shaolin, wing chun, hung gar, chow lay fut, taiji, xingyi, baji, etc.

Sanda is none of those. Sanda is just kickboxing with some grappling thrown in.

Make them fight full contact (no gloves) against Kyokushin guys, and then let's see who wins.

Not saying the Sanda fighters aren't tough and well trained. They are. But we should see how they do in a real match.
    Omar and Jen might not agree with you:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...342#post384342

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 2:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To answer your question smart ass I train in KYOKUSHIN. The original and authentic style founded by Mas Oyama. Not Kyokushinkai or any other offshoot.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 2:15am

supporting member
     Style: Roberto Traven BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: Everybody Knows

Originally posted by liuzg150181

Anyway nice bashing of Wushu jokers~~~

<------ Does WuShu. (Bastards).Grumble, Grumble.:rolleyes:

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 2:18am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "he had nothing else to do except to kneel and kowtow in complete defeat."

I think this sums up the article right here with this sentence....
    IMO sanda is a great fighing art as well as kyokoshin, but the situation is different. It's like pitting muay thai against TKD. the rules were not of the the same category. you cant pit two fighters against each other and say: "oh yes, this art is indubitably better because this fighter won." when one fighter is not fighting in his element.

furthermore, this is just a Chinese self-esteme booster for the fighting arts culture that the communist party destroyed during the glorious revolution. now they're like: "oh ****, what we really had years ago was good after all, so In your face!!"
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 2:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: Re: Everybody Knows

Originally posted by Chuan
    <------ Does WuShu. (Bastards).Grumble, Grumble.:rolleyes:
    Sorry,what i really meant was those wushu guys who are really egoistic~~~:)

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 2:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Hannibal
    To answer your question smart ass I train in KYOKUSHIN. The original and authentic style founded by Mas Oyama. Not Kyokushinkai or any other offshoot.
    I suppose you are under IKO1,under Kancho Matsui right?
    Last edited by liuzg150181; 7/31/2004 2:29am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 2:22am

supporting member
     Style: Roberto Traven BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Everybody Knows

Originally posted by liuzg150181
    Sorry,what i really meant was those wushu guys who are really egoistic~~~:)

Ohhh...I hope it's not to late to call off Ashida's death squad. If It is...sorry.

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 2:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by jubei33
    "he had nothing else to do except to kneel and kowtow in complete defeat."

I think this sums up the article right here with this sentence....
    IMO sanda is a great fighing art as well as kyokoshin, but the situation is different. It's like pitting muay thai against TKD. the rules were not of the the same category. you cant pit two fighters against each other and say: "oh yes, this art is indubitably better because this fighter won." when one fighter is not fighting in his element.
    *Groan*
    TKD=point sparring
    MT=full contact,so the comparison isnt quite valid......

furthermore, this is just a Chinese self-esteme booster for the fighting arts culture that the communist party destroyed during the glorious revolution. now they're like: "oh ****, what we really had years ago was good after all, so In your face!!"
    I wholeheartedly agree to this that sanda challenge in China are fuelled by nationalism,even right now Soccer Asian Cup you can see such emotions in China~~~
    but the author himself is not from China.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast