Posted On:
    8/04/2006 2:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back in Action

Hi, guys:

Today's lesson is: never give up. I resigned from my old job (long, messy story -- believe it or not, some lawyers do have ethics) and in the process lost the e-mail containing my login details. I have tried to reregister at least 4 times, but never got anywhere -- finally, today, luck was with me.

I did finally have that long-awaited match in Cambodia. What a day! My opponent was Samreth, the middleweight on the Cambodian National Team, who coaches boxing once a week at the orphanage where I sponsor a child. The match was held at CTN Television in Phnom Penh and broadcast live in Cambodia. (That and 25 cents....)

I arranged to hire a bus to take any of the kids who wanted to watch. I expected maybe 20, but 48 went and cheered for me!

The boy whom I sponsor together with two friends helped in my corner -- I thought they'd like to feel part of the "team".

Before the match, the announcer apparently told the crowd a little bit about me, including my age. Since I don't understand the Khmer language, I didn't know why, but the crowd was cheering for me!

The judges scored it a draw, which was utter charity -- no way did I win.

But we had a fantastic time, the kids enjoyed themselves thoroughly, and I've got some wonderful memories.

I am in the process of creating a website -- called, no surprise, FarangBa.com -- so check it in a week or so.

Keep your gloves up and train hard!

Craig
    "Farang Ba"

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 4:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome. I love your updates. Please keep posting. You are one of my training inspirations.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Updates are + + good !

Thanks for sharing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2006 11:20pm

Style: MT (no, not "empty")

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking forward to seeing your website, Craig! Keep us updated here, when time permits.

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 11:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, everybody:

Last night was a memorable event. Although, for medical reasons, I don't fight muay Thai, I do like the sport and enjoy watching it. And I have lots of friends who are muay Thai fighters.

One of them, a boxer from the Thai Navy -- a light heavyweight, so he's even bigger than I am! -- fought at Ratchadamnoen Stadium in Bangkok last night. I was asked to remove the mungkorn (the headband that a muay Thai fighter wears when he gets in the ring). This is quite an honor, and it's rarely done by a foreigner since, in addition to the physical act of removing the mungkorn, you also must wai the boxer and make a little speech of encouragement and good luck.

Which I did, no major foul-ups, then watched as my pal fought well against an English opponent. The ref stopped it in the third round, so Niran won by TKO.

Afterwards, he was interviewed on Thai TV (the evening's matches were televised), and Niran insisted that I join him. After talking with Niran, the announcer asked me a couple of questions -- where are you from, how long in Thailand -- and I told him that I was from the U.S. but that my heart was Thai. (It's an idiom that doesn't translate well.) That delighted everybody, a nice ending to a terrific evening.

I'm supposed to fight Niran -- amateur boxing, of course -- in his home town of Trang (in the south of Thailand) probably next month. I'll lose, of course, but I think we'll have a great time. I'd rather lose a tought match that brings out the best in me than win a lackluster bout.

Keep your gloves up, guys!

Craig
    Farang Ba

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 11:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Always a pleasure to hear from you sir. I know everyone else has already said it, but YOU ARE THE MAN!
    Shut the hell up and train.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 4:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, im inspired and impressed :P

Posted On:
    10/13/2006 4:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Website

Hi,

It's me -- with a new name; I had trouble signing in, and it finally proved easier to re-register. Aaugh!

My website is now up and operational. Please take a look -- it's wwwl.farangba.com -- comments, questions, etc. are welcome!

Keep your gloves up, guys!

Craig

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/13/2006 4:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best wishes!

--J.D.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789