Hole in one.

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 4:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm kind of glad I don't do WC. Right phrost? he he

The first second of the clip we see Wililiam Cheung(white shirt) try to get emin(blue shirt) in a head lock and pummel. Emin does a side trip and brings chueng down. The end. WC content = 0.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 5:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    say, how do I get to personalize Under my screen name?

Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 7:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on Phrost, this is so *old* news and the article written by Cheung was such a load of old crap.

Emin was a 2nd tech back then I think, and Im sure Cheung was lauding himself as a "Grandmaster" back then so surely he would have whipped Emin with his deadly "Dim Mak" skills.

Those of you who have this illusion that WT doesnt involve going to the ground is sadly mistaken and naive. naturally its not the place to be in a self defence situation, but I get so peeved off with many a WC's solution to this as being "don't let yourself get taken to the ground". ONE DAY YOU WILL!

And as for those who think WC/WT does have ground fighting within the system have been playing pat-a-cake too much in the class. They seem to have a naive view that chi sau is fighting, and when they see a proper fight, go on about how it doesnt look like WC/WT. IT WONT! Chi sau is a training exercise to prepare for total fighting, its not going to be the pat-a-cake arm seeking stuff I see put about as true WC/WT.

Phrost, it would be nice if you put up a balanced point of view - why not put up the dragon slayer interview that can be found on ebmas.net under the interviews section.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 7:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by the way, cheung really looks like he's defending himself like he says in his interview...

<marquee> NOT NOT NOT NOT </marquee>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 10:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im still laughing at this video, very enlightening to see two kung fu "masters" apply their art!

McDojo rules, great film!!!

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 10:38am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    say, how do I get to personalize Under my screen name?

Just let us know what you want (within reason) and we'll put change it for you.

Truth, post a copy of the article in the Articles section (Submit Article) and we'll get it up. We have no problems presenting both sides of the story.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK Phrost, have submitted...by the way, what is your reasoning for posting this on your web site? you posted on KFO this:
    Hey, if you don't want to represent your style, that's fine. I'm not here to try and convince anyone they should defend their styles from "BJJ Guys" etc.
    McDojos are different things to different people. To some, it's a TKD school that charges too much money and hands out black belts like candy. To others, it's any traditional martial art.

The premise of the site is not to argue semantics, but to discuss the problems in the Martial Arts community. And if traditional arts aren't represented, all we'll have is a bunch of "BJJ guys" around to present all traditional martial arts as the problem.
    Do what you like, the site's there for you.
    So where does this clip fall?

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 12:44pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Easy.

It's relevant to the Martial Arts content of the site, simply because it was a HUGE event in the martial arts community. But the biggest reason is that many consider Boztepe to be nothing more than a fraud with a good marketing campaign.

This isn't to imply that I personally feel this way about him, I don't know much about the guy either way. But several people I've talked to seem to have this opinion, and you have to admit that it's a problem when we have martial arts masters pulling sneak attacks on each other.

We're here to discuss the dark underbelly of the MA community. This is one of these kinds of subjects I know many have been talking about for some time now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2002 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nothing more than a fraud with a good marketing campaign.

Some might say this statement pertains to BJJ guys, ie. The Gracie Marketing Machine.

There, I've represented the other side.

Bruce Lee,Jet Li,Segal and Van Damme are all actors so shutup about them.
    Goldberg is soft

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2002 7:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yip Man would be very disappointed.

But seriously, when you have Wing Chun/Tsun "masters" fighting like this, how are we to believe that the students of WC and WT fight any better?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast