225172 Bullies, 3904 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 10:02pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, you read it right. We've got the controversial video of Emin Boztepe attacking Wing Chun master William Cheung!

Download it HERE.

Read a related article on the background of this video here.

Post any and all comments either here, or in the video/article rating section.

We've also uploaded a Capoeira demonstration video, which can be seen in the Misc. Videos section.

Don't forget to rate them!

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 10:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow! sounds good, downloading.... :D
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 10:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha, Boztepe had to go to the ground. And he was a shitty groundfighter. Where were his secret wing chun techniques that would allow him to finish the fight standing up??

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 10:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Won't download! Won't download! D:

[Edit: is working now.]

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 24 2002 23:00:34

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 11:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is going on there? Who is the WingCHun guy? They both seem to fall to the floor and struggle.....will read history...

[Edit: the guy with blue trousers/stripe is definitely beating the guy with black trousers (thw WC guy?).]

[Edit2: The guy takes down the Wing Chun fighter, nothing is happening standing up, he didn't have to take-it-to-the-ground, he chose to - not the best ground fighting I;ve ever seen but is still being fairly effective.]

Very interesting stuff Phorst, would be awesome if you could find some more videos - keep them comming, especially the "Vs." stuff ;)

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 24 2002 23:24:24

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 24 2002 23:29:53

Edited by - Blade Windu on July 24 2002 23:33:21

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 11:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the education of everyone who's not familiar with the story, the guy on top is Emin Boztepe, some famous dude in Leung Ting's WT organization, the guy on the bottom is William Cheung, a Wing Chun GM.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 11:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting WT stylist vs WT...

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 2:13am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd only skimmed it the first time I read it, but from reading the article again it sounds like Cheung gives a more or less move-for-move account of the fight...

Can anyone with some Wing Chun experience compare Cheung's account with the video to see if they match?

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 4:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lords , gods, and monsters!! Its hard to defend kungFu with crap like this floating around. I don't have to download it again. I had it the first time. I can tell you at the very least that the KF community, in majority, looked down at this fiasco. My teacher and I had a laughing attack when we saw this clip. There is nothing Wing Chun about this fight at all. The sad thing is that there is no way to "clean house" of this stuff that makes kung fu(even though Wing chun is concidered a separate branch) look bad in general. They will still be in the magazines selling video tapes and books. And, it does matter how many times they lose face.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 4:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <marquee>what a fine demonstration of technique by 2 masters in a real fight.</marquee>

*sigh*
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast