Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 7:02am

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Grisnak
    As for the low kicks, I dont really give a **** actually. I want kicks that do damage (to the head or upper body), not tactical ****.
    Dude, have you ever been lowkicked? They're fucking brutal. Duke Roufus has broken two 2 guys legs in MT competitions. And I'm sure he is not the only one. Not only can you drop someone with a well placed low thai kick-because of the nerves that run up and down the inner and outerleg- but they are also perfect set-ups for hooks and crosses and vice/versa.
    And when you talk about kickboxing I'm assuming you mean American Kickboxing. I read somewhere that the reason that there is a rule that fighters must throw a certain amount of kicks every round is because back in the day boxers use to enter kb competitions and easily KthemTFO. So basically, I reccomend Muay Thai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 7:04am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I have been checking out training times at a pretty lokal MT gym and I will contact them as soon as they open again (and I get well from this fucking ear inflammation)

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 7:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of the time there is no distinction between muay thai and other forms of kickboxing. But if you want the whole package in a standup martial art, muay thai is the answer (usually... :p)
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 7:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, that should be fine. How do you think it would work outside the ring? I have a natural affinity for morons to pick on me..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 12:57pm

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, that should be fine. How do you think it would work outside the ring? I have a natural affinity for morons to pick on me..
    MT is probably one of the better arts for street fighting because it's very powerful and straight 2 the point. Of course there are some fancy things (i.e. flying knees) that are only suitable for the ring. Plus, there is alot of conditioning and "aliveness" in MT training. You can become a very good fighter in a short amount of time if you put in enough training time. Also, since you're already a boxer you will find that both disciplines blend very well 2gether to form, IMHO, the ultimate striking art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 1:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I have been checking out training times at a pretty lokal MT gym and I will contact them as soon as they open again (and I get well from this fucking ear inflammation)
    Where do you live?

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Elbows are illegal in Sweden?
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2004 1:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Xango
    Elbows are illegal in Sweden?
    Heh!even bloody professional boxing is illegal in Sweden,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2004 4:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fact about sweden: If it's fun it's illegal.

McDojo Artist> stockholm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2004 4:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Guerrero
    MT is probably one of the better arts for street fighting because it's very powerful and straight 2 the point. Of course there are some fancy things (i.e. flying knees) that are only suitable for the ring. Plus, there is alot of conditioning and "aliveness" in MT training. You can become a very good fighter in a short amount of time if you put in enough training time. Also, since you're already a boxer you will find that both disciplines blend very well 2gether to form, IMHO, the ultimate striking art.
    Sounds promising :D
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123