Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 9:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry if this has been posted before or if many of you have already seen it:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=1a194cb2789d11f03966f8dae18c6728& amp;threadid=14550

Here we have the opinion of "Shaolindynasty" (who I think may post here.) To an extent he is correct, I think maybe we should be telling more true stories about McDojos (I was planning on writing one up), if not from experince then from websites which claim fraudulant things. Maybe this site does promote MMA/MT/Boxing/BJJ/wrestling etc too much (although I don't think so) but in comparison there aren't many Mcdojo sites/stories.

Phorst, agree with your opinion, maybe we do need more TMA practitioners at McDojo.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 12:22am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, we do, I would like to see more articles on real Mcdojo's, schools that are totally full of crap traditional or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 4:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

i couldn't even make it to the end of that thread.

if you don't train at a shitty school, then you have nothing to be defensive about right?

and god bless all those who think they'll never have to fight on the ground.

on a side note, notice where those wing tsun masters ended up fighting in the "when emin attacks video"?

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 5:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point One; Damn straight, good schools can be based on any art.

Point 2 god bless those that believe they could never be knocked out or are impervious to pain.

Point 3 WC isn't what it used to be.

Edited by - Kungfudoeswork on July 25 2002 05:06:18
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is that if all we ever do is sit around and critisize Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do the only people who will care to come here are MMA people and that would suck because the MA community as a whole is MUCH bigger.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would rather see a mix of TMA and MMA here than a mini-UG atmosphere. I like the UG, but the world does not need another one. You should go to cyberkwoon and invite some of those guys. Seriously.

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 2:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been over there; I've even registered.

It's sometimes an uphill battle to sell the concept of this site to people that may not want to deal with the tough issues in MA. It's much easier to just discuss your arts with like-minded people than to stand up to scrutiny, and not everyone is up to the challenge.

The word is just starting to get out now about what we do here, and people are coming on board with the concept. But we still need help explaining to some, especially those that think we're out to bash all Traditional Martial Arts, that we're here to get people to discuss this stuff, and help raise the standards for Martial Arts worldwide.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I wrote that opinon. When phrost explained to me that the users are the ones who submit the info and the content of the site reflects the users contributions I decided to contribute. For the record i do practice kungfu like shaolin longfist and choy lay fut. I also play with other arts that may be useful to cover my ass. I consider myself traditional but my definition of traditional is different than most check my article in the "mcarticles" section.
  9. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost, I decided to come on, as I found enough stuff on your site that led me to believe that you were at least attempting to be unbiased.

As for all the questions I posed you, I suppose I'll have to put up a thread for the members to answer them, seeing as they're responsible for the content.

BTW, the cheung/boztep video is really boring. All it tells me is that boztep is a dick, and wing chun doesn't have ground work.

I think I could've figured that out without the aid of a visual, but I understand we need to go slow for all the bjj guys around here. ;)

Posted On:
    7/25/2002 5:08pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds good KC.

I've never been one to bite my tongue when I had an opinion, but I have to sit on the sidelines to keep things balanced around here.

Regardless of what I may have said in the past, I still don't regret the time I've spent training in Kung Fu.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast