Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Aikijujutsu, Shorin Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what do you guys think of aiki jujutsu

I am new here and was just wondering what everone here thought about aiki jujutsu. I have seen some good demonstrations and they were going at it pretty hard, with real attacks (at about 75% speed). I liked the look of the attacks better than the Aikido attacks that I have seen.

Does anyone on here practise aiki jujutsu? If so what has your experience been with it?

AikidoBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BULL RUSH ON bigbair!!!

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BULL RUSH ON bigbair!!!

Style
    Hung Ga Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Demos are just that-- Demos.

It can look like they are going at it pretty hard all they want, but the reality of the situation is that MOST LIKELY it's all scripted to make it "seemless"-- so all I can say is that you actually try it out for yourself and see if you like what you get in that first class, which should be free.

If you don't, then that solves it all.

I've never met anyone that did Akijuju, but if they actually spar, and compete against other schools, it can't be all that bad.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

Style
    karate / bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    welcome to bullshido! the general view on aikijujutsu around here is... rather negative.

Style
    Kitty Pow Pow!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been to an aikijujutsu school because one of the blue belts from my MMA gym taught a BJJ class there...

While observing the aikijujutsu class it was a struggle for me to keep from bursting out laughing.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Style
    BJJ - Homeland Security
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything I've seen of it in person has been universally awful. People switch out of it to Systema and I consider that an upgrade.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People probably think the same thing of it that they do of anything which can be described as "at about 75% speed".

Style
    Kitty Pow Pow!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually found it far more absurd than your average karate class.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbair
    I am new here and was just wondering what everone here thought about aiki jujutsu. I have seen some good demonstrations and they were going at it pretty hard, with real attacks (at about 75% speed). I liked the look of the attacks better than the Aikido attacks that I have seen.

Does anyone on here practise aiki jujutsu? If so what has your experience been with it?

A real attack at 75% is not a real attack.

I think you meant to say realistic in that instead of over exagerated running punches they're throwing real hooks and jabs?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last