Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is chi running?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2004 1:49pm

Style: Law of the Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another great cardio exercise that is an alternative to running is Burpees (some people call them squat thrusts).

Those woop my ass everytime. I like them because I work my arms as well as my legs.

I have NO idea WTF Chi Running is. . .?

Maybe it is when you try to use your Chi to fight for real and you get your arse kicked and you have to RUN LIKE HELL to get a way.

Yeah, maybe that is what Chi Running is.

Every Chi master needs to master this technique FIRST

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/01/2004 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I refuse to run. I hate it. I do endurance lifting, low weight, high reps and circuit train in between my power lifting. This gets my heart rate up, and works the muscles I wanna work at the same time. I used to run around the track, but yeah, doing that is just boring. The stairsteppers and ellpiticals are alright to use. If you want a shorter workout with good results, get a weighted vest and sprint 1/4 mile, walk, and do it a few more times. It's quick, it works, and it'll gas you harder than running endlessly. I do those to simulate wearing the turnout coat, bunker gear and O2 tank for firefighting.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/03/2004 9:39am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can afford it get a heartrate monitor there is no better cardio training aid. If you get one read up about heartrate zones and have the discipline to stick with it even if you feel like a wuss at first.

If you can't afford one a good rule of thumb is to run at a pace where you can still talk but you can't sing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 7:40am

Style: bjj and hitting stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by WhiteShark
    If you can afford it get a heartrate monitor there is no better cardio training aid. If you get one read up about heartrate zones and have the discipline to stick with it even if you feel like a wuss at first.
    I agree with this.

Though I don't have a heart montior, I find that anytime I run and I have a watch (or if you're on a treadmill) I'm always pushing myself to go a little faster or run longer.

Having sometype of bar for which to gauge yourself against is always good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2004 1:27pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is chi running?
    I'll risk my masculinity by saying I think I know what it is. I think it's where you run, but mix it with breathing exercises at the same time. Matt furey likes it and it's ghey.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2004 10:27am

Style: H2H combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I run 30-50 miles a week( i run X country for my school) To prevent shin splints, dont run flat footed, have your heel strike the ground first, then the ball of your foot and toes. Also, try to alternate running surfaces, like run on grass on monday, sand on tuesday, track on wednesday, pavement- thursday, trail/dirt on friday. Hope that helps you guys
  8. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/12/2004 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you don't like distance running then ride a bike. You go farther so you get to see more stuff. I've been riding a lot this summer. I have this little odometer, speedometer, etc thing that helps a lot. Try to stay above a target speed through your whole ride. Try to ride for at least an hour instead of a certain distance. All summer I was going for distance and speed -- then ronin69 said something about how you need to keep a continuous moderate pace for over 40 minutes. I was only riding for like 30 minutes and then switching to other stuff. This week I started just riding for 1-2 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week and lifting once a week. I'll let you know how that works out.

Losing weight isn't what I am used to going for -- I like to try to do harder stuff than just riding my bike around. This kind of sucks but if it sheds pounds then that's what I need this month so .. whatever. I con switch back to other stuff when I drop the weight.

I ride through town because it's more interesting. You get to see all kinds of people out and about. Women in the park, women on the street ... okay, mostly women. :) I drive by where my friends work too. Don't stop for more than a minute though, that defeats the purpose.
    Last edited by 9chambers; 8/12/2004 11:10am at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234