Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2004 8:44am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll still be in the police academy through October 1st. After that, I anticipate many of my weekends being occupied with working or further training. Y'all go ahead and plan dis and I'll just hope for serendipity.

Posted On:
    8/01/2004 3:12pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm, this doesnt look good for the Midwest....
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Psi Vampire Bane

Posted On:
    8/02/2004 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so it's looking like this; right now we only have 4 bullshidoka who can attend with something like certainty. That's okay, we just gotta get a bunch of people from other gyms across chicago to come; we need a bullshido advertising campaign. If we can get one representative from every mcdojo, we'd have hundreds; if we can get one person from the good gyms, we'll have like 10-15 people. So, we wanna try advertising?
    Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2004 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Conviently, I'm working on a "do it yourself throw down kit" so I'll have some posters that can be hung within a week or so.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    8/03/2004 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it would be great to advertise for this upcoming Throwdown, which is starting to look more like early October...?

mmaficl, lama_xy, analog_kensho, KidNemo, H2O_Dragon, The Cynical Idealist, MeatShake and albert all responded to the last Throwdown call, I wonder what's up w/ those guys? I can contact lama_xy through the school, someone want to ping the rest of 'em?

I need training partners durn it! We're a frickin' huge city, we can do better than this!
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 8:57am

Style: shido/ streetfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh oh! i'm new to this forum, but i want to come! i train at Chicago fitness center ( U.S. shidokan headquarters) on lincoln ave. Shonie Carter is my teacher. will sparring be involved? and if invited can i bring one of my martial arts friend?

Psi Vampire Bane

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 9:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone's invited, yes there will be sparring, and of course you can bring a friend. It's all about having fun and learning, and there's no reason why that would be limited to just people registered on this site.
    Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 9:42am

Style: shido/ streetfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yes! i love you! ok i'm 152lbs 5'9 now i sparred with big people before thats not a problem, but if grappling is going to be involved is there going to be somebody around my size?(but i don't care anyway) it is just easier for me to grapple somebody around my weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 10:25am

Style: bjj and hitting stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woot!

My schedule is normally pretty packed, but atleast this time I wont have to worry about the wisdom teeth coming out (or dry sockets!) a week before.

But yea, I'm most likely in.
    Last edited by Kidnemo; 8/04/2004 10:43am at .

Psi Vampire Bane

Posted On:
    8/04/2004 10:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But bring the vicadin anyway!

justA black guy - I think Xango's right around your size:D. Don't worry about it, every does what they're comfortable with, but I'd still recommend you grapple with bigger people, just for the experience.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast