Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    7/21/2004 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chitown McThrowdown II: Once More, With Feeling

So the last Throwdown was a smashing success, although quality won out over quality in the selection process. Sadly, Jubei, kinjite, ashida kim, george dillman and zombie kimura all showed up within the same 15 minute window when no one was at the dojo.

So we want to do this again and get it right!

I'm thinking mid-September, for a lot of reasons: it's too hot to fight, I'm probably busy every weekend between now and Labor Day getting ready for the Burn, and people like CrimsonTiger might be able to schedule an appearance if they have enough advance notice.

Goytia's was great to host us, and unless we got a LOT more people it had everything basic we needed, but maybe we want to spread the love a little? I'm just throwing it out there, unfortunately I don't have a place to do it.

Interest?
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2004 11:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about late September. Like after the 14th. Then I'll be able to attend. Possibly even be able to help with the hosting (if I can secure space at the U of C).

Also Xango, I'll PM you for more information about your school. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    7/21/2004 11:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After the 14th sounds great to me. Be good to meet you too...if we can get Jubei up here for real, we'll be doin' some kung fu fighting! It'll be so exciting!
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Posted On:
    7/26/2004 8:53am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, maybe? If i gets the shockz fixed on my pimp ride, I'll be all for it. I kinda want to see one of my buds again anyway. He is a good joe and might want to come along. he likes tai chi and such.

September 14 works for me. its a week before classes start so I shouldn't have any school responsibilities.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2004 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jubei,

You a U Chicago person?

I was kinda hoping for the weekend following th 14th (like 18 & 19th) as I plan to be moving in on the 14th (provided the school sends me info on if I got an apartment).

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Posted On:
    7/26/2004 9:46pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, I'm from columbus, Oh. my classes begin on the 20th, so I guess it might not matter. For me the issue is $$$$ and my car. If I can get an extra 100 bones I can drive up there and back and have enough left over for some food...

what's wan yi chuan like btw? whats the strategy?
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Psi Vampire Bane

Posted On:
    7/27/2004 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I could ask Joe if we could use the gym again, but I'd rather not. As cool as he was about it, he still seemed uneasy, and I'd rather not put that pressure on him again. But I'm all for another throwdown, especially as I'm free for most of September. The earlier we can set a date and place, the more likely I am to stay free.
    Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    7/27/2004 2:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that's totally reasonable, OneWing. We were talking about the JCC down on Clark and Belmont earlier, maybe we should look into that.

Where is everyone? We had some 20 people contributing to the last Throwdown thread...

Psi Vampire Bane

Posted On:
    7/27/2004 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or if not everybody, at least the regular posters like keinhaar, slimjim, and miguksaram. Maybe so PMs or something might be in order.
    Seriously, most likely grabbing somebodies crotch like that is only going to make your situation much, much worse. Unless the person doing the gullotine has no pants on, then it's okay as long as they bought you dinner first. - Kidnemo

I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    7/30/2004 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I regretfully have to duck out of this one. I am in the process of arranging for some MRI's on my right knee. I tore the miniscus and may need surgery which will also put me out for the rest of the competition season for my regular ****. However, if it does go down, perhaps I can at least go a cheer you poor bastards on. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 1 of 23 1 234511 ... LastLast