Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/22/2004 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by callmetrinity
    Back in the late 1970's, I was getting ready for my TKD black belt. My instructor, Charles Parks, was straight from Korea. His English was ok, but it sounded funny to us. Master Parks, as we had called him, was a very talented martial art instructor. He had many great skills. Over the many years, I had become personal friends with him. Eating diner at his house. Going to movies, places, and out for diner. Meeting other Koreans and Korean organizations. We became best friends. Then he told me, in confidence, true situations. Incidentally, Parks wasn’t his birth name. The Koreans used Parks, Kim, Choi, Yee, Lee, Rhee, etc., as common.
    In all my time associated with Korean arts, Korean culture and Korean people (including my in-laws), I have NEVER hear do a last name of Parks (Park yes, but never Parks). What was his full name and when did he arrive in the country? What kwan was he from?

First, he had performed many promotional feats of Chi/Qi/Ki. He told me how he had “propped”, or “staged” those demonstrations. They were false, like a magic show of illusion. After finding out these “secrets”, I and some friends that were amateur magicians, and belonging to a “Magicians Guild”, had reproduced easily. My belief in Chi/Qi/Ki, was shattered and I have become skeptical with anyone discussing it nowadays.

Second, he had told me truths about Tae Kwon Do development. Which later, I have come to find out that he was finally, speaking the truth. Apart from him speaking exaggerations, somewhat not whole truth, although not lies, in the beginning years and my beginning training.
    Ok, I'll stop quoting here since the rest that you posted has already been posted several times, on the site and in particularly this particular forum, though I do appreciate the links.

Now it seems the underlying issue you have is still with the Shaolin. You seem to have a hard-on to discredit anyone who uses the term Shaolin. So since you didn't answer my question in the other forum I will ask it here. What proof do you have to discredit those who claim the heritage? I am not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that in order for you to be a bit more credible on this site, proof is always needed. Thanks. BTW...have written for Black Belt magazine back in 60's or 70's? (Not being a smart ass but your postings remind me of someone else I knew from other forums).
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    11/22/2004 12:08pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by callmetrinity
    Back in the late 1970's, I was getting ready for my TKD black belt. My instructor, Charles Parks, was straight from Korea. His English was ok, but it sounded funny to us. Master Parks, as we had called him,

Same Master Parks that operates in Del Rio and Eagle Pass, TX? Partneres with a man named Shin?
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345