Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 7:24am

Style: dead

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Been Knocked Out?

Following the first aid knock out thread was interested to hear how many people had actually been knoocked the f out and how it affected you, i.e.

did it make you nervous you to spar again;

did it affect how you fight;

did it teach you anything useful?

BTW I havent been knocked out (have seen stars etc).

I have been told by a teacher that I need to experience it as it is a very valuable lesson. He also has said I (me personally) need to just get a genuine beating in sparring (not just lose a fight but get knocked down and get back up rinse and repeat - something I am planning). I know he has done this with some of his students and they have been pretty amazed how it has affected them (for the better) - and they can fight well.

RM
    Last edited by Rock Mechanic; 7/20/2004 7:31am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 7:39am

Style: Tai-Gip-su

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does knocked out include getting booted in the nads 7 times? Does KTFO strictly mean knocked out cold from a headshot, or can it also mean collapsing from a body shot?

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 8:01am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Been Knocked Out?

Originally posted by Rock Mechanic
    Following the first aid knock out thread was interested to hear how many people had actually been knoocked the f out and how it affected you, i.e.

did it make you nervous you to spar again;

did it affect how you fight;

did it teach you anything useful?

BTW I havent been knocked out (have seen stars etc).

I have been told by a teacher that I need to experience it as it is a very valuable lesson. He also has said I (me personally) need to just get a genuine beating in sparring (not just lose a fight but get knocked down and get back up rinse and repeat - something I am planning). I know he has done this with some of his students and they have been pretty amazed how it has affected them (for the better) - and they can fight well.

RM
    LOL ask your friend to hit you with a pipe on the jaw as hard as he can..... Tell me what you learned :)
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 8:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by triple
    Does knocked out include getting booted in the nads 7 times? Does KTFO strictly mean knocked out cold from a headshot, or can it also mean collapsing from a body shot?
    You truely might be the dumbest person on bullshido.
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling
  5. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 8:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been knocked loopy 3 times. All 3 times happened around the 7th and 8th grade.

The only time I went completely out was when I delivered a 2x4 to my own head via dumbass construction accident. (building a little club house for my little brothers.) BLAMMO! I remember the moment of impact and then opening my eyes to realize I was flat on my back and everyone was looking down at me.

The other 2 times I don't believe I went completely out but I was knocked to my knees and everytime I would try to stand up I would just fall over. Both involved friends and a couple of pair of boxing gloves. None of us knew what we were doing. The first time involved a freind that was smaller and a great deal faster than me. For every hit I'd deliver, he would hit me 2 or 3 times. Eventually, I went out. The second time involved a friend that was bigger than me at the time I was 6 foot, 160 lbs. and he was 6'2", 220lbs. This time I was faster but my puny arms never phased him. I hit him over and over and he tag me just a couple of times when suddenly he delivered an overhand practically to the top of my head, (I said we didn't know what we were doing.) Out got the lights. The end result was the same but I got there 2 different ways. The first time I slowly got more and more loopy until I couldn't continue. The second time I was perfectly fine and instantly buckled.
    Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx; 7/20/2004 8:09am at .

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 8:56am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive been knocked out a few times. The worst what at my brown belt test in Karate. I had to spar 7 MMA rounds at 2 minutes each consecutively with no rest. By the last round I had taken so many leg kicks that my leg was swollen. The last guy I fought was Gordon "The Bear" Smith. He was a medium built black guy who used to growl when he got pissed off or when he took a really hard shot, thus the nickname "Bear".

My leg was hurting so bad and this fukk kept throwing low kicks at me lol. I couldnt really even lift my leg so I put my hand down to block the low kick(very bad but I was pretty out of it). After he noticed this he throws a hook and BAM out goes Peedee.

The next thing I remember I was on my knees with a hiitload of people standing around me jerking off on my face. Well not really, but they WERE standing over me. My instructor is asking me if I can continue and I got to my feet and took my beatdown for the remainder of the round.

The same guy knocked me senseless with a throw(O Soto Gari).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
    Ive been knocked out a few times. The worst what at my brown belt test in Karate. I had to spar 7 MMA rounds at 2 minutes each consecutively with no rest. By the last round I had taken so many leg kicks that my leg was swollen. The last guy I fought was Gordon "The Bear" Smith. He was a medium built black guy who used to growl when he got pissed off or when he took a really hard shot, thus the nickname "Bear".

My leg was hurting so bad and this fukk kept throwing low kicks at me lol. I couldnt really even lift my leg so I put my hand down to block the low kick(very bad but I was pretty out of it). After he noticed this he throws a hook and BAM out goes Peedee.

The next thing I remember I was on my knees with a hiitload of people standing around me jerking off on my face. Well not really, but they WERE standing over me. My instructor is asking me if I can continue and I got to my feet and took my beatdown for the remainder of the round.

The same guy knocked me senseless with a throw(O Soto Gari).
    ITS P-D!!!
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    I've been knocked loopy 3 times. All 3 times happened around the 7th and 8th grade.

The only time I went completely out was when I delivered a 2x4 to my own head via dumbass construction accident. (building a little club house for my little brothers.) BLAMMO! I remember the moment of impact and then opening my eyes to realize I was flat on my back and everyone was looking down at me.

The other 2 times I don't believe I went completely out but I was knocked to my knees and everytime I would try to stand up I would just fall over. Both involved friends and a couple of pair of boxing gloves. None of us knew what we were doing. The first time involved a freind that was smaller and a great deal faster than me. For every hit I'd deliver, he would hit me 2 or 3 times. Eventually, I went out. The second time involved a friend that was bigger than me at the time I was 6 foot, 160 lbs. and he was 6'2", 220lbs. This time I was faster but my puny arms never phased him. I hit him over and over and he tag me just a couple of times when suddenly he delivered an overhand practically to the top of my head, (I said we didn't know what we were doing.) Out got the lights. The end result was the same but I got there 2 different ways. The first time I slowly got more and more loopy until I couldn't continue. The second time I was perfectly fine and instantly buckled.
    i wish somebody would knock the damn orange out of your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop
  9. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 10:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TOMATO
    Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx; 7/20/2004 10:40am at .
  10. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    7/20/2004 10:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This would be orange.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast