Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    learned????? the only thing you learned is that either your friends' backyard two-swordstyle sucks, or that he really likes you and don't want you to be in the hospital.

And the fact that he was able to still deal with me so easily despite my experience taught me the value of being armed vs. unarmed.

Once again, also learned distancing, closing the gap, zoning, etc etc.

But yeah, I mean, those things are crap in a fight, because everyone starts off grappling on the ground.

I wonder why he didn't use normal twohanded strikes

Get your eyes checked; there are a few pics of him doing two handed strikes. Fucker almost broke my hand with one of them.

Believe me or better yet believe ronin a real strike from a bokken would lead to a whole lot more damage as in broken ribs, wrists cracked skull etc.

Well gee, imagine that, my best friend of 14 years didn't try to kill me and I didn't try to beat the piss out of him for attacking me with a stick. What are the odds of that happening? =P

Were those bokkens from wood, looking to the wounds you have I would think they were made out of plastic.

Wood.

Furthermore a bokken isn't a weapon in itself

Didn't Musashi kill someone with a bokken made from an oar?

Bokken=weapon.

I believe it's just a tool to learn how to wield a sword so you can't go gripping it on the blade portion.

That's nice that you have a belief system different from mine. I don't try to tell you how to believe; don't try to do the same to me.

When you spar your buddy bare handed and he has the bokkens, you can have whatever rules you want. As it stands, I think I gave my buddy quite a few advantages (such as the fact I didn't grapple until the 3rd match), and I think it's only fair to give me some rules to ensure I don't die.

If a shinai can give you a bruise through a protected forearm, a bokken would just brake it.

Once again, you're assuming my friend was trying to kill me. I had quite a large number of firearms at that location; if it was a duel, it would have ended quite differently.

Just a friendly sparring match Ace. Simmer.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    10/02/2004 8:17am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I salute your wrecklessly throwing yourself into a beating and I believe that this is what Nietzche meant by "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger."

I can't help but remember the line from Kung Pow, "This is where I learned an important lesson: Those iron claw thingy's hurt like CRAP, man"
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2004 8:39am

Style: kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the reason I said a bokken isn't a weapon in itself is not just a believe. It just isn't a weapon, it's really a teaching tool to learn how to use a weapon.
    But maybe you learned how to overcome distance, btw I only saw pics of him with two + the bokkens look so red in some pictures. And you also learned that two handed strikes hurt like hell.
    The thing I have most difficulty with is, how can you get so close to him, I've fought ppl as a kendoka you can't even approach whithout getting severely smakked/stabbed (offcouse they were doing it for 15 years and over).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2004 11:13am

Style: Style is Meaningless

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****! you are a crazy idiot. Mad props to you. I salute you. I would have just picked up a chair or something after he hit me the first time. Or started crying and begging for mercy. And yes, rattan skicks are not that impressive. Give me a hardwood club anyday of the week (like a baseball bat).

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    10/02/2004 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Wout
    btw I only saw pics of him with two + the bokkens look so red in some pictures
    Once again, look at all of the pics again. There are quite a few where he only has one bokken and is doing two handed strikes.

The thing I have most difficulty with is, how can you get so close to him, I've fought ppl as a kendoka you can't even approach whithout getting severely smakked/stabbed (offcouse they were doing it for 15 years and over).
    I have an incredibly high pain tolerance.

That, and I'm a masochist.

That, and I knew it was the only way I'd have a chance. If I stayed at his range, I'd still get smacked but never land a shot.

But yes, I did get severly smacked and stabbed.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567