Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thing is gettin' hundreds more views, but no posts? Cowardly fucks, say somethin'!
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll say something, I finally held a rattan Kali stick this weekend. Previously I had only held a Bokken or Shinai I understand the dogbrothers a little better now the light rattan ones are toys compared to a bokken. I've wondered for awhile how that Kali sparing is possible but I had a really false impression of the stick weight and density.

Still you are teh retarded ;)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What was your point?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point?

That Emevas is retarded ;)
    and
    Kali sparring is noat as scary as I thoguht because the sticks are WAY lighter and softer(less dense) than I previously thought. I had been imagining a short Bokken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In kenjutsu we use bokken/bukuto and we do NOT use ANY protective gear ( thats for those kendo pussies).
    We do NOT engage in "freestyle" sparring or full contact, why?
    Because in the hands of someone who KNOWS how to use a bokken, someone would end up dead.
    And THAT is the lesson that you shoudl learn about weapons, unlike H2H, one mistake makes you worm food and plant fertilizer.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yays! I got attention again! =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i give you a "you got balls salute". i know a lot of people here are giving you **** for being so crazy to go up against a guy with bokkans but well...someone had to do it haha.

i can't really say anything bad to you as i got my ass kicked in a pillow fight and i started crying.

^ yes that's sarcasm.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    learned????? the only thing you learned is that either your friends' backyard two-swordstyle sucks, or that he really likes you and don't want you to be in the hospital. I wonder why he didn't use normal twohanded strikes, but you should prolly consider yourself lucky he didn't. Believe me or better yet believe ronin a real strike from a bokken would lead to a whole lot more damage as in broken ribs, wrists cracked skull etc.
    Were those bokkens from wood, looking to the wounds you have I would think they were made out of plastic.
    Furthermore a bokken isn't a weapon in itself (thought it could be pretty effective on it's own) I believe it's just a tool to learn how to wield a sword so you can't go gripping it on the blade portion.
    If a shinai can give you a bruise through a protected forearm, a bokken would just brake it.
    Last edited by Wout; 9/28/2004 3:25pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did someone say "tool"?
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that's one way to do body conditioning...
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last