Posted On:
    12/21/2002 11:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teacher torments kids with karate, judo techniques

Mainichi Shimbun, Dec. 21, 2002

A Tokyo elementary school teacher is in hot water after he established a reign of terror in his second-grade classroom, it was learned Saturday. The 25-year-old male teacher at the Shibuya Municipal Sasazuka Elementary School was stripped of his responsibilities as homeroom teacher after two students refused to attend school from late October because of corporal punishment. "There is no place for physical punishment in the classroom. I am upset by the things students had to endure under him," School Principal Tamiko Chuma said.

However, she did not say why she failed to act earlier despite receiving a number of complaints from the parents of the students about his violent behavior since the summer term. The instructor, whose name is being withheld, has been on "holiday," the principal added. According to parents as well as school officials, the problem teacher started showing his violent tendencies as soon as he became the homeroom teacher -- despite having only one year of teaching experience -- in April this year.

When telling students to behave themselves, the teacher, who has a dan in judo, would kick the wall or pretended to punch them. "I am not using violence because I've made no contact with you," one of the pupils was once told by the teacher during the summer term. At the time, several parents reportedly asked the school to take action against the teacher for using foul language and hitting a pupil in the head with a stick but school administrators ignored them. The level of violence visibly escalated in the autumn term. Hitting students with a broom handle or a wooden stick became the norm, while some students became the victims of karate kicks and judo choking techniques in front of their classmates.

The stresses of studying under him apparently become so unbearable to some that one of the pupils who was not directly attacked by the teacher began to develop a nervous twitch. The bullying teacher was finally removed from the classroom after the parents of a choking victim made a formal complaint to the school in October this year.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Titan

Posted On:
    12/23/2002 6:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad I didn't have him as my teacher, the way I behaved at school I would of been dead inside the first week!

----------------------------------------------------------
    ”He (Master Bristol) was like a slippery fish. There was no way I could hold on to him.” -- Tomas Shurrman, Judo Expert
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2002 8:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long have you, kf, needed a shrink? Or maybe you could go for a hike and eat psychedelics, get to the top of a mountain and do kata and think. Or find a lover, a friend, someone to talk to from your heart.

"A lot of people spend a lot of time arguing about what style is better. This is a complete waste of time." Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/24/2002 4:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long have you, kf, needed a shrink? Or maybe you could go for a hike and eat psychedelics, get to the top of a mountain and do kata and think. Or find a lover, a friend, someone to talk to from your heart.

More to the point, why do these news articles frighten you?

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/24/2002 4:56am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sexual harassment dirt unearthed on tormenting teacher

Mainichi Shimbun, Dec. 22, 2002)

A problem Tokyo elementary school teacher who bullied his students was allowed to take charge of a second-grade classroom despite being accused of sexually harassing a pupil in his first year, it was learned Sunday. Under Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education rules, new teachers are on probation for a year before they can become permanent members of staff. The board was aware of the 25-year-old male teacher's antics but decided to retain his services. "Teachers committing acts like corporal punishment or sexual harassment don't get automatic dismissal. It comes down to how serious their offenses are," a spokesman for the education board told the Mainichi.

In the summer of 2001, the teacher, who began working at the Shibuya Municipal Sasazuka Elementary School in April of that year, accompanied a fifth-graders' excursion to a seaside resort. At the hotel where the school party was staying, he sneaked into a female student's room in middle of the night and reportedly stroked the sleeping girl's cheek, school officials admitted. The following day, students lodged a complaint with Principal Tamiko Chuma who warned the teacher and apologized to the girl's parents. By the time this incident happened, however, his violent behavior was already known among students and their parents. He often booted his students' desks and was notorious for using foul language, prompting many parents to urge the school to take action against him.

However, Chuma stood by the teacher. She has insisted that the 2001 incident was "not a sexual harassment case" although she has never let the teacher go on overnight excursions with students ever since. Chuma also argued that she properly dealt with his problematic behavior. "I warned him every time there was a complaint and he responded positively to my criticisms and improved a lot from the autumn term (of 2001) onward," the principal said.

At the end of the teacher's trial period, Chuma submitted a report to the board saying she would like to retain his services. The report acknowledged that he had caused trouble in his first year but recommended the board to employ him full-time saying, "His attitude has improved a lot due to our successful training." The teacher was recently stripped of his responsibilities as homeroom teacher of a second-grade class after two students refused to attend school from late October because of corporal punishment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2002 3:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although choking and kicks are not to be allowed, corporal punishment is very cultural. Even America incorporated corporal punishment. It's more effective than Ritalin if you ask me

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/26/2002 4:28am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More to the point, why do these news articles frighten you?
    Nobody's frightened of you or your articles, asshole.

YOU'RE JUST BORING US.

If you ever had a point, you've never shared it with the rest of humanity. Now it's just cluttering up the board with stupid threads.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!