Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2004 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: 5AF & Sub Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so ferguson is like the bob sapp of judo?

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    8/20/2004 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get me wrong. Rhadi does have a lot of technical skills. Unfortunately, he is probably not as refined technically as a lot of his competitiors.
    I was honestly suprised he lost. He has an unorthdox style that I thought had a pretty decent chance. However, I think that throw in the video was scored as an ippon.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

aahhh...the colors

Posted On:
    8/20/2004 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Sub Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Beneath Contempt
    It's threads like this, and the "Olympic Judo kinda sucks" thread that really make me laugh....edit for crappiness
    Let me add that my style IS JUDO. Thanks for your comments oh great one, but I feel pretty confident I know what I'm talking about.

Oh by the way BC...I think you forgot to mention that the great Japnese technician Inoue got knocked out first round and that Ihar Makarau from Belarus beat a Korean with a pick-up for a waza-ari, I do believe. Dickhead Judo wins gold.

Fuckin' Tool.
    Last edited by ImAlrdyNum; 8/20/2004 3:01pm at .
    Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    8/22/2004 5:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fantastic.

Let's refine Judo down to pick-ups and groundwork. That'll keep everyone happy.

I'm glad you feel you know what you're talking about. Over on Judoinfo, you've listed your judo experience as less than a year.

If this is true, have you even experienced the full range of throws and do you understand kuzushi?
    Last edited by Beneath Contempt; 8/22/2004 5:29am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/22/2004 5:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never been a big fan of olympic judo. tossing someone in the air like that is impressive though, like I said earlier. but when you have that much strength it doesnt mean much. I could powerbomb a 6 year old if i wanted to, but that would hardly make me a master of WWE.

ok i need some sleep.

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    8/22/2004 5:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by ImAlrdyNum

Oh by the way BC...I think you forgot to mention that the great Japnese technician Inoue got knocked out first round and that Ihar Makarau from Belarus beat a Korean with a pick-up for a waza-ari, I do believe. Dickhead Judo wins gold.

Fuckin' Tool.
    Sure, Inoue got knocked out first round. Are you saying that technical Judo is no good? Look at the rest of the team.

Team Japan 8 Golds, 2 Silvers

Dickhead Judo must surely have won the day for them.

Never mind hurling meaningless insults back and forth, do we want to have Judo that involves technique and kuzushi, or Judo that involves hauling and bowling over?

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    8/22/2004 5:34am

supporting member
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love "dickhead judo" already.
    It fits in right with definitions such as 'sport judo' and other creations on this discussion board.

I thought Inoue din't even looked close to his best form. Maybe only when he send the Australian Kelly into the air with his uchi mata.
    There was enough flying time to serve peanuts !

Japanese Judoka all do weights, make no mistake. Their pure athletic abilities match the western fighters.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    8/22/2004 11:14am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And all the US people that did pretty well are all very technical.
    You can be strong and technical.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123