Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/25/2005 1:53pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too old to train Muay Thai, old bones and bruises don't heal as quickly these days. As Ronin And OAMA are not far from each other, check them both out for yourself. Pat at OAMA is a standup guy, (considering he is BJJ :confused: ) I'm sure whoever he has to replace the original instructor is more than competent.
    Just tell both clubs you used to train in Fang shen do , and have come to teach them the real deal, they will treat yu right :sign13:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2005 7:01pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    Just tell both clubs you used to train in Fang shen do , and have come to teach them the real deal, they will treat yu right :sign13:
    i can't tell if you're joking through this text! :sleepy3:
    what do MMA clubs think of fang shen do? is fang shen do a good style? i met a guy last summer who fought an MMA fight on liek a week's notice for a title and beat the guy, so it cant be that bad

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/25/2005 7:17pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do MMA clubs think of Fang Shen do? You'll have to ask them. I'm sure there
    are some decent fighters at their clubs, but you can find some good fighters in almost any large enough group.

Nothing wrong with an art evolving, but Fang shen do has been through quite a few re-incarnations, with the same guy at the to. I think in Ottaw at least you find it's a love 'em or hate 'em kind of thing. Folks who are in Fang Shen Do think it is the greatest, others think it is a major personality cult. YVMV.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/25/2005 7:18pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Feng Shen Do

Feng Shen Do is Wing Chun.

If anyone from that club claimed to enter a legit MMA event, he is likely lying. Unless he can give you his sherdog record ask him to go visit one of the MMA clubs in his city and make that claim.

I have met the guys at Ronin MMA they are a stand up group. The MT instructors are fully certified etc, etc. But go there and train, make your own mind up on how you are treated, I am sure they will treat you well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2005 2:56pm

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want my opinion, and I'm sure no one does, Fang Shen Do is a cult. Straight up.

Fire walking
    "how to get rich" seminars
    Mandatory Training Camp
    "Achieve your Goals" Seminars
    Unbelievable tuition rates!!!
    Charging you major bucks everytime you turn around!!!

Craptacular!!!!

I'm outs!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2005 6:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi everybody,

I'm one of the junior instructors at Ronin MMA. Just to let you know we have a solid Muay Thai program here, the current middleweight/supermiddleweight amateur muay thai champion trains and teaches here (although he's in Japan currently). We also have a Kun Kru under Ajarn Chai who teaches and fights out of here.

We have several up and coming young fighters in training, here, but also lots of folks who just want to get into shape. I, personally, have been training muay thai for about 6 years and have fought muay thai, boxing and MMA.

If you're interested in rates, or just want to see the club, definitely call us or drop in for a free class. We have two floors of matted space, heavy bags, great equipment, top notch instruction and a very competitive price.

3059R Carling Ave.
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Telephone : 613.596.0866
    Email: Ronin@ronin-mma.com

Thanks Guys!

Mark Loft
    Ronin-MMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2005 2:54pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello all,

I'd like to plug our school, Thai Boxing Academy . The atmosphere is great, the muay thai is great, and the instructors have WONDERFUL personalities if nothing else... but seriously. All the instructors at the academy have trained in Thailand. I have trained, fought and lived in Thailand for many moons. I'd like to think we teach a "legitimate" curriculum, and I believe are prices are competitive with other gyms in the area as was mentioned by an above poster.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Ronin is also Bullshido free...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2005 10:37am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Won't you leave me alone", everybody sing!

"Fang Shen Do" is not Wing Chun.
    see post #40 in "total Fang Shen Do review"

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...fang+shenforum.

Not even close. Wing Chun was the hook of the 80's. As was KUNG FU in the 70's. Every training hall used "karate with kung-fu kicks" . Wing Chun was used as the system "that Bruce Lee found limiting". So he took his vast Wing Chun experience of a little over a year, and created Jun Fan (Lee & Lee), which begat, Jeet Kune Do (Lee & Inosanto and...and...), which begat "Wing Chun Do" (James Demile (not Wing Chun)), which begat "Modern Wing Chun" (Clarke, Patenuade and...and...), which begat Patenaude's Kung Fu System (Patenaude and Mr. Panic), which begat "Fang Shen Do" (Patenaude and God, or was it Satan).
    Ask FSD to show your an outline of each training level, then duck!

Leave us Chunners alone, or I'll pick up my Wooden Dummy with my girl hands and go home!

Old1o1
    "Crap, he's got a gun!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 6:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob is a great guy. I worked with him in the early 80's at the Smoky Mountain Camp.
    You can't go wrong working with him.
    Tim Tackett

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2005 11:07am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob Carver had a mixed past, and not in a bad way. He did a little of this and little over the twenty-five years or so. But I beleive he has become a very focused man, especially with Muay Thai, and avidly supports the system. His knowledge, and training, and experiments in other systems makes him a valueable resource for instruction. Probably one of the earliest proponents of Mixing in his neck of the woods, whether he knew it or not.
    Last edited by old1o1; 12/02/2005 2:13pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast